Collab Site Etiquette

Started by Torren61, December 21, 2009, 05:18:45 PM

Torren61

Another good point.  My original intention with this thread was that I was trying to find out if there were some kind of rules spoken or implied that I could follow so I didn't screw up.

I really want to collaborate with lots of people but I guess I'd like to be able to say what I want to say with the other person knowing I'm a straight shooter and I'd want the same coming back with no hurt feelings.  Just everyone involved knowing that what matters is hammering out a cool finished product.

As far as my stuff...you can only help me by telling me what you think.  If twenty people out of twenty-five are saying the same thing then that warrants attention, I think.

Tony W

Is there a rule yet for talent surfing on a collab? Such as, A novice like myself should know better than ask Satchwood to play rhythm so I can throw a lead on it....

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Rata-tat-tat

Man this one is deep. It's like a ping pong ball just blasted off in my skull. Hey guys... this place is wicked kkkeeewwwelllll. Personally I have not recieved anything but compliments and very constructive criticism. I've even had an offer to remix. Wow... says a lot about the people in this place. I think we can all agree that bashing someone does no one any good and negative personal attacks have no place in this forum. Unless of course it's me bashing my head on a cymbal or two. Positive remarks... positive remarks...
Quote from: Tony W on December 23, 2009, 10:20:32 AMIs there a rule yet for talent surfing on a collab? Such as, A novice like myself should know better than ask Satchwood to play rhythm so I can throw a lead on it....
Tony... dude you crackin me up.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Geir

Hmmm ........ I missed this topic first time around.

This is my thoughts ....

The reason this site is such an oasis in the cyber-sea is for a big part due to the fact that we do give positive feedback PERIOD !!! We don't point out flaws or faults, ... we find some good in every post and comment on that. And we grow on that !!! I've made my share of shitty posts but always got positive feedback and I know it has made me a better musician and I've found my own voice.

OK it may seem a little silly or even dishonest not to point out when someone posts something that's not particularly good BUT it works.  We all get encouraged and get the drive to continue posting, to try new things, to step out of the box and to grow as musicians.

I say, as my grandmother used to say, "if you don't have anything positive to say, then shut up"

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........