Re-posting songs?

Started by Vanncad, December 21, 2009, 04:10:23 PM

Vanncad

Hi all,

I am just wondering if it's acceptable to re-post songs that aren't showing up in your playlist, or if there is another method to get all your work to be displayed.

Has anyone else done this?

Thanks,

-  Vann

It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Ferryman

I'm struggling with that as well. Two of my fave songs aren't showing up yet they were posted as mp3s. Lots of others appear to have been doing this, I say go for it.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Rickocaster

I say do it, but indicate it's a reposting in the subject line.

One thing I learned the hard way, don't post a new song and repost your old stuff in one sitting. The new song will be overlooked as it gets lost with the others. If it weren't for Tharek commenting on my newest song, it would have been completely overlooked by the community because of my timing in posting it.
http://www.youtube.com/rickocaster
Come on, you know you want to go there...

Wiley

I will say one thing!!  Things are disapearing pretty fast. And it will probably get worse with the influx of new people that will hit on the site! 

henwrench

Quote from: wiley on December 22, 2009, 05:15:52 AMI will say one thing!!  Things are disapearing pretty fast.

Yes PJ. I'm not sure about this posting everything on one board thing either. As I've commented somewhere before, some songs are dropping off the first page within a couple of hours whereas songs used to stay on the first page for a couple or three days. I really don't know what the answer is, it's like there's too much stuff going up in one place...
                                     henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

T.C. Elliott

Two thoughts.
One, as was already stated, even with new members I believe that the pace will drop back to more "normal" after the first of the year.

And two, there may be a way to display more subject headings on one page. (Guessing this is a Pedro task. Possibly giving us the option of how many topics can be displayed per page?) That would help the issue as well. I think as people realize that there are more songs they'll start looking past the first page. And if no-one comments after a few days or weeks some helpful friend here could bump a deserving song for further attention as well.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

SteveB

In the previous incarnation of the Forum, it was suggested that original songs from ALL the BR recorders be placed together in a single thread, myself and others opposed this idea citing the very thing that is now happening. What was needed on the old format was the MicroBR Original Song thread somehow streamlining. The other BR model threads were just fine. Once you'd been a member for a while, you knew where to find people and their work (And also come across some absolute gems hidden from view. Er, now they really will be hidden from view). Sorry, but people can quote this post and bleat as they will. But the original song thread as constituted now will simply implode at some stage under its own weight, and that isn't counting the annoyance that is yet to be engendered by people bumping their own work because they feel that their songs are disappearing too fast. (They probably are).
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Bluesberry

On the old site the post your work included all music posts: original songs, backer jams, cover songs, work in progress.  This new concept has us dividing these up into seperate threads, I don't see how the Original songs will be any busier now that covers and backer jams and WIP are removed.  I think that given a few days to settle down it will be very managable.  I don't see how there is going to be a problem with the original songs falling off after 1 hour, it will be the same 20 songs bouncing around for a couple of days up and down until a few new ones are posted.  If we make the effort to stick to the threads where stuff should be posted it will work fine I believe (and if admin and 64G remain vigilant and move stuff that doesn't fit the structure so that the threads do not get all mixed up).  It is early and folks are re-posting a bunch of old stuff to get it in their players, so it seems that the original songs thread is overwhelmed, but in a week of so it wont be.  The other thing is that you have to go back 1 or 2 pages regularily and look for songs you haven't heard and comment/bump them up.  If we all do this them eveybody's songs will get good airtime.  Dont just stick to that first page, dig back and look for the gems from yesterday and last week.  This will all settle down into a nice routine I predict.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Mach

So would it be alright to re-post our songs that already has plays & comments in a new topic, as an mp3, that were originally linked to another host site. Since we can't edit the original post to insert the player. Is that the only way to get them in our song list?
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

dwardzala

I would like to see the recent songs list expanded to the last 20 instead of 5.  It would be even better if it were the last 20 in each of the 3 categories (originals, covers and collabs) so there would be 3 lists total.

It doesn't appear that these lists get shuffled when a new post shows up in a thread.

Pedro, is there a way to make this happen?
Dave

BR-600