My friend (a Geir Original)

Started by Geir, December 20, 2009, 04:40:25 PM

boneonbone

Geir, you know acoustic is where I live and I love this song.  So well written and nice mix of the two guitars panned out.  Wish I could record my acoustic and vox as clean as this......and a beautiful written song to boot!
Nicely done!
"Play because you love it. Don't worry about if it will ever make any money, just understand that playing is an end in itself, and you play music, it will make your life better. And, don't worry about being a star, don't worry about making money, worry about nothing, just sit down with your guitar and let it speak to you and that will make your life better. It will bring beauty into your life. It's a great thing to do."     ---- David Crosby

Flash Harry

I still have no words to describe this song.

It just is.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Nelson

An absolutely stunning piece of writing.

Stellar vocals... authentic and soulful.

The clarity of the mix and simplicity of the arrangement allows the feeling and the sentiment of the song, to brightly shine though.

Just a Brilliant performance.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Tony W

I nearly bumped this myself, as I was playing my guitar and something beautiful and familiar started to happen. I knew it but couldn't place it. As it turns out, it was a very similar to one of the greatest songs I've ever heard.... This one.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Rata-tat-tat

Yes... still great. I swear my eyes tear up everytime I listen... I get a lump in my throat. You know this truely is a masterpiece.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Gu Djin

It was a great bump.  I may have missed this otherwise.  All I can say is brilliant and thanks for the chord breakdown.  And as someone else might say - Magic

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

des0free

The defining songcrafters classic!

Having done a cover for cover fest, I still play this to myself every now and then.
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

On This Day bump.

Two years old. Still awesome.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

maxit

one fo the best song here, but also there, and everywhere ;-) spacebump (so good that dont even need it!)
recorder
Audacity