My friend (a Geir Original)

Started by Geir, December 20, 2009, 04:40:25 PM

Covermark

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 21, 2009, 07:35:15 AMPure beauty, simple, heartfelt, wonderful.  Your acoustic sounds very good here (onboard mic?)

I nearly missed this one. Although I'm not a pro in the english language I can feel the song

Very very good Two thumbs up !!

Geir

I am truely grateful for all the kind comments!!! It is an emotional song for me and I felt a bit vulnerable posting it, so it feels good to hear that it has touched some of you good people too.

Quote from: des0free on January 08, 2010, 10:47:43 PMI don't suppose you have the lyrics and chords written out?  I think it would make me happy to strum away with at home.  (I have not yet developed the capability to work out songs by ear).
I'll try to get that done soon. It's not straightforward with the chords as it's an alternate tuning and use of capo and as far as I can remember some odd chordshapes. I will get it done tho!!
Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 09, 2010, 08:54:30 AMhi geir still loving this, out of curiosity how did your friend like it. i'm sure he was blown away.
I was supposed to meet him at Christmas, but the plans was changed so he hasn't gotten it yet. I hope to see him soon tho' and I'll keep you posted on his reaction :) I also wan't to make a cool cover, and give it to him as a "single"  ....

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Covermark

I keep listening to this track. Your voice together with the guitar is just so beautiful !!!

I even tried to add a bit guitar ..... Theres nothing that can make it better. It is really perfect as it is.

des0free

Quote from: Geir on January 13, 2010, 12:39:33 AMI am truely grateful for all the kind comments!!! It is an emotional song for me and I felt a bit vulnerable posting it, so it feels good to hear that it has touched some of you good people too.

Quote from: des0free on January 08, 2010, 10:47:43 PMI don't suppose you have the lyrics and chords written out?  I think it would make me happy to strum away with at home.  (I have not yet developed the capability to work out songs by ear).
I'll try to get that done soon. It's not straightforward with the chords as it's an alternate tuning and use of capo and as far as I can remember some odd chordshapes. I will get it done tho!!

That would be cool, thanks!  It's nice to have a reason to learn new chords (provided they don't overstretch my simple cowboy-chord and occasional barre chord hands).

recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Quote from: des0free on January 16, 2010, 05:50:06 PMThat would be cool, thanks!  It's nice to have a reason to learn new chords (provided they don't overstretch my simple cowboy-chord and occasional barre chord hands).

I've updated the post. Chords and lyrics are now in the post containing the song. The chords are fairly simple, only unusual about them is the "thumb-barre" chords on the bridge.

Cheers .... and once again .. thank you for listening.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

mike

Normally I listen more to the music rather than the lyrics but the lyrics in this song are so good that I am glad the music is so minimal and does not distract from them. 
Powerful stuff.  Really hit's the target.

Mike

Bluesberry

What a performance.  So damn good.  Your voice here just cuts deep. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Rickocaster

Geir, you have to be one of the most heartfelt song writers on the planet. Beautiful lyrics and perfect music to go with it.

Also, your voice is so rich and authentic. The production of this is fantastic too.

Rick
http://www.youtube.com/rickocaster
Come on, you know you want to go there...

hooper

Haven't been around much lately so was a treat to find this one this morning.  Searching for words.. the one that keeps popping up is quality.  Everything about it has that characteristic of something finely crafted, quality built in.  Your voice stands out so well... I think it may have something to do with that your low-pitched vocal is not in the same register as the guitar (which so often happens with male vocalists) so the guitar and vocal both sound very distinct. Well written, played and produced, Geir. It's a great song!

recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

chapperz66

I'm desperately trying to catch up with all the great music that is posted on this site, and just played this song.  Absolutely awesome.  You don't need me to say this after all the other appreciative comments from the group, but I'm going to say it again - awesome.

Paul Chapman