My friend (a Geir Original)

Started by Geir, December 20, 2009, 04:40:25 PM

des0free

A couple weeks later, and I am still smitten by this song.  Still spontaneously sing bits of it from time to time. I don't suppose you have the lyrics and chords written out?  I think it would make me happy to strum away with at home.  (I have not yet developed the capability to work out songs by ear).
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

lg

This was my 1st listen, and I'm totally blown away!
This is p e r f e c t i o n !
Simple is sometimes the best!
This is a song that we all can relate to...

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Oldrottenhead

hi geir still loving this, out of curiosity how did your friend like it. i'm sure he was blown away.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gnasty

Wow Geir! This song really moved me. Don`t know if you wrote it about a lady friend or not but it sure made me think about one of my best friends who passed away 2 years ago. Very excellent work. Keep it up.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

launched

Glad to see this one gets bumped a lot. I listen to this one all the time, just a great song.

I will definitely be making drunken phone calls to some of my long lost buddies tonight!!

You rule, Geir!

Peace, and have a great weekend in London!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ferryman

I missed this first time round (some irony there....). But I'm so glad it was bumped because it's so beautiful. Its simpicity and emotional directness is so powerful but the recording is also great. The vocals are clear and your voice just cuts through so strong. Superb.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

This song conjures up so many life-memories & emotions - fantastic and as fresh as when I first heard it !!!  Wonderful song Geir!!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Redler

I think I check the original songs board guite regularly, but how I have missed this...

Very beautiful melody and lyrics, two guitars and your voice. It is enough. This is a perfect pop song, G!

-Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

Missed this too what a performace, just got new headphones and this tune just jumped right out, the dry vox and the acousic just suit each other perfectly all this and just wonderfull songwriting, a great song.

John
recorder
Boss BR-80

Tony W

I've heard a lot of music in my life, but I have never had a song touch me as much as this one.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR