To Pedro re backers

Started by The Reverend 48, December 20, 2009, 05:26:06 AM

The Reverend 48

Dear Pedro
Thank you for all the improvements to the site
However I have received several very worried emails from students regarding the site............
The thing that made your site so special was the nurturing of talent where novice musicians could "rub shoulders" with accomplished musicians and be inspired to progress their journey through positive feedback....
To that end I started to teach Blues Improv to BR Members
I have 17 students who use a BR and 1 who doesn't
One of the biggest events in their musical lives was to share their progress with others...
The emails express their concern that they would not be welcome in this new revamped site....
The easiest way to support them (and several accomplished players who enjoy Improvisation) is to include backers in the cover section so it will read:
Cover songs and Backers
Share your cover songs and songs with backers to get feedback. Remember to review other people songs.

I am sure this small change would indicate that Br.net or what ever its new name be supports all levels of musician
And we can continue our legendary challenges

On behalf the Blues All Stars
Thanks for considering this proposal

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

T.C. Elliott

When I read this I thought that it'd be more appropriate to put it in collaborations.
In fact if Pedro is too busy or deems it not worth the time, it would be fairly easy to put BT-Name of Song as the title so we all know that it's a Backing Track (or intended to be one.)

Just thinking out loud here... (keys tapping count as out loud, right?)
On the Fender Forum site that I seldom go to now, they just put it up as originals with BT in the title so we know we can shred over it (or in some cases write a lyric sing and add a solo.)
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

tafka

i think Mike's (48) blues school is the best thing to come out of this site
and it would be a shame to loose it.
its not just the students who have got better at blues guitar either.

TJ
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

danieldesete

Yep definitely something has to be done for the backers  :'(
cheers and thanks Pedro for the new site
Daniel
hou hou ha ha

tazzy

Dear Pedro,

I agree with Mike...without access to backers, a place to post them and most importantly, the feedback of seasoned musicians, our progress would be seriously hindered.

This website...along with the wonderful people I have met here...have changed my life. I'm picking in ways I never thought this ol' rancher-woman could play.

Please consider the changes Mike suggested and keep my fingers pickin' the blues.

Thanks so much,
tazzy

Oldrottenhead

maybe i'm thick or not got my head round all the new features yet, but my take on it is the backing tacks to be used are posted in the download section, then if you make any additions to this you would post the results in collaborations. by posting the backers in the download site they are easier to find. like pigfarmer i enjoy hearing all the different takes and seeing people progress, get encouragement and positive feedback.
tho sometimes it got difficult to keep track of all the different versions, by posting the end results in collaborations it would be possible to have all the different takes in one thread. that is presuming the collab section still allows the posting of mp3s throughout the thread rather than in the post your ork section, there only being the ability to post an mp3 in the 1st post of the thread.
that said i much prefer it being organised as now rather than by recorder type but im sure it can be tweaked as we grow. regarding the emails you received about your students being concerned that they wont be welcomed, i cant see that happening, one of the strongest features of this site is the users that make up the community and the feedback and support they provide. if the concerns expressed by your students came about, this wouldnt be the same courteous friendly place we all know and love.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

The Reverend 48

Quote from: oldrottenhead on December 20, 2009, 06:02:16 AMtho sometimes it got difficult to keep track of all the different versions, by posting the end results in collaborations it would be possible to have all the different takes in one thread.
I understand your idea Jim but don't underestimate the value of havin your own thread that people comment on The number emails I have had to the effect "did you read ohr says its sweeet"
Every word is important to a novice also imagine if you have to follow Tafka Geir or Satch or any of our other "smoking guns".........
All I'm asking is to change 2 words it will make a difference trust me ;)

Pedro

I like the idea of having backing tracks in the collaborations board. A lot of people can take on one backing track while maintaining an organization, making it very fun. I will add that now.

Oldrottenhead

Quotedon't underestimate the value of havin your own thread that people comment on
you are 1000% correct, never thought of it that way mike.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann