Suggest a new domain

Started by Pedro, December 19, 2009, 04:52:57 PM

Glenn Mitchell

I agree with the slightly shortened songcraft.xxx idea.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Oldrottenhead

already quite a lot of songcrafters sites out there. but 42% of the vote in the election so i cant complain.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

henwrench

when i first found this wonderful site, it was because I was searching for some advice about external mics for my micro BR. I needed information regarding my Boss product, and stumbled across this incredible site full of people who all had the same little box as I ( now I knew I wasn't alone) and who are all producing inventive and sublime music along with folks who owned other Boss recorders. While it (the site) may have seemed like it was an almost exclusive club for Boss users, at least it was easy to stumble across for future Boss users, a site that I think the world needs. With the name Songcrafters, what is there in that name that is going to put it at the top of a Google search? Do people search 'how to craft a song'? (don't think so) There are literally millions of websites hosting the subjects of home recording/songwriting etc. Again, how is your amazing site gonna float to the top of all the other shit out there? BossBR.net was the cream of the crop and I'm worried it will now be lost to new or existing Boss owners who need a home they can truly call their own. I hope somebody understands...
                                         henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Quote from: oldrottenhead on December 21, 2009, 11:03:27 AMalready quite a lot of songcrafters sites out there. but 42% of the vote in the election so i cant complain.
Just thinking about this and I thought about Soundcraft, after all we craft art and beauty out of sound which is the raw ingredient.

As I was typing henwrench just posted his well said post.  It was exactly beacuse of looking for information on our BR machines, microBR in my case that I found this site at all.  It is true that we may loose something by distancing ourselves from the BossBR line.  Interesting discussion goin on here.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Sprocket

SongCrafters, custom songs...in about an hour.

joseph

Haha, Sprocket.

I can't help but think of Lenscrafters (or the Futurama parody, Handcrafters) when I see the name. Not that that's a bad thing.
http://unstableau.tumblr.com - my blog: music, writings, doodles, etc

launched

I was thinking the same as you guys a while back, but the format of the site has changed to one that is not married to any particular recording device. As a matter of fact, the site didn't used to have a Boss label in it's name (Microrecorders.org), and the primary focus was on miniature recording devices - Namely the MicroBR, but only because Pedro owned one.

And then it changed to Bossbr.net, focusing it's attention on the entire suite of Boss BR recording devices with gratuitous areas for the "Other" people. A lot of the members were a little chapped by this change if I remember correctly. I was more confused than anything because I joined just before the transition. In the end, everybody got over it.

And then the lightbulb went on to promote this site as the greatest thing the world has ever seen in the eyes of the Boss home recorder, which promptly turned it right on its ear. The iron curtain fell, and now we have what we have. Again, a lot of the members were a little chapped by this change, but it did draw in a wealth of talented songwriters/contributors and ideamakers whom many of us have had a hell of a time collaborating with. So a lot of good came out of it, but economics prevailed due to the easiest place to upload an mp3 that the web has ever seen to date.

So in the end I think it is a matter of what Pedro wants to do. Host a forum that caters to a couple thousand so called members that make one post complaining about how frustrated they are with their MicroBR and now BRxxx, never to be heard from again after many of us selflessly provide quality answers? Or help form a kick ass community for a hundred or so and growing members who off and on want to post a few questions/answers, tell a few stories, post a little music and help support their musical brothers and sisters out in some way or another.

This community grows stronger and more wonderful all the time, and it isn't specifically because someone was told where the on button to their recording unit was. I said that in jest, but sometimes I wonder.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

launched

Quote from: Sprocket on December 21, 2009, 12:15:09 PMSongCrafters, custom songs...in about an hour.

That's funny. Considering who it's coming from, it's even funnier.
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ferryman

Damn democracy! Who were those 8 people? I'm with Henwrench on this one, I don't like Songcrafters, sounds like a crochet site or something like that! But at the end of the day this community will be what we make it and it's also Pedro's to do with as he wants, I am still grateful for all the work he has put in here.

Bit odd for someone who was keen to flush the staid musical establishment down the toilet in 1977 that I don't want anything to change. But I am old now, so things are different and I smell more of wee.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Quote from: Ferryman on December 21, 2009, 02:24:35 PMBit odd for someone who was keen to flush the staid musical establishment down the toilet in 1977 that I don't want anything to change. But I am old now, so things are different and I smell more of wee.

Ha - Is that what I have to look forward to? I hope you finish the reprisal to Cassilda's Song before it all goes dark! ;D

Peace,

Mark
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover