Suggest a new domain

Started by Pedro, December 19, 2009, 04:52:57 PM

launched

Quote from: 64Guitars on December 20, 2009, 09:07:45 PMAnyway, I think we need to emphasise recording and sharing of songs since that is common to all song posts, whereas songwriting is not.

I agree that the site is multi-faceted, but I have yet to come across a member that didn't at minimum dream of doing their own vocals, or write their very own song. This site has been a healthy, positive aid to help people overcome vocal stagefright and publicly share their original compositions. I have seen so many examples of members coming out of their shells in that respect. To name a few off the top of my head (I know there are more):

Mike(48) - Vocals and Songwriting
Blooby - Vocals
Jim1970 - Vocals
Tharek - Vocals, Public performance, You name it!
Myself - All kinds of stuff I never would have done.

This site has had the pleasure of being the culminator of personal talent. I'm just starting my musical journey, and it's great to be a part of a group of musicians that have realized theirs (But maybe want to try something they have never done, like vocal tracks).

So yes, we could label it a file sharing and "Rule the General Discussion/Share Guitar Patches" site, but I know better and I think others do too.

I hope nobody gets mad at me - I do appreciate everyone else's opinion!  :D

Peace,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ted

Whatever you decide on, I suggest that the domain BossBR.net (when no URL path info is entered) should redirect to the "Standalone Multitrack Recorders" section of the site, rather than just rewrite to the new domain.  This would help to maintain the SEO branding that we already have.

For example:

http://bossbr.net
redirects to
http://thenewdomain.tld/community/standalonerecorders

But...

http://bossbr.net/community/index.php?board=86.0
redirects to
http://thenewdomain.tld/community/index.php?board=86.0
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

joseph

My personal favourite is homerec.net, so that's how I voted

Not that a change of domain could keep me away :D
http://unstableau.tumblr.com - my blog: music, writings, doodles, etc

Dmann

Heres my rambling on about it;

If you pick a name thats really unique (and it dosen't even have to any relation to digital recording etc because you can add taggs to the search engine critera), you know like "ThePigAndWhistle.Org" for example, something akin to naming a online musicians hang out, like a local pub, It would be IMO more inviting and less intimidating to the people that are new to recording/writing/playing music.

I visit a few other site's, I won't say the names because that could be ugly in the long run, but needless to say, once you toss "recording" in there or anything akin to music production, seems like it attracts the egotistical ass-hat know it all's that always post pot shots and sarcastic responses because "someone posted in the wrong area" or "didn't read the FAQ" or "Didn't use the search" or ..... the list goes on. These are huge factors in me deciding if I will A)even register, or B) if it's really nasty ever return to that site. I would imagine that most of the members here feel the same.

I really enjoy this community even though I don't post much, I'd hate to see it turn into a place like those other boards.

Pedro

I completely agree with you Dmann, right now I prefer more of a funny and unique name than something with the keywords.

Songcrafters.org is cool because it is kind of like that.

That is it, we are an home recording and songwriting community.

Bluesberry

songcrafters.org seems to be leading the pack, it is pretty good.  What about shortening it to Songcraft.xxx.  I like that description of "home recording and songwriting community"

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Flash Harry

www.somewherewherewecanallhangoutandstickourstuff.com

(it will be blocked by web filters, I can see the word anal in it....)
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Pedro

Quote from: Flash Harry on December 21, 2009, 09:54:32 AMwww.somewherewherewecanallhangoutandstickourstuff.com

(it will be blocked by web filters, I can see the word anal in it....)

Right in the middle of the word, very interesting indeed!  :D

Anyway, I really like this new name. It is descriptive and organic, reminds me of an old woodworker carefully working something out.  :)

Mach

Quote from: admin on December 21, 2009, 10:34:07 AMAnyway, I really like this new name. It is descriptive and organic, reminds me of an old woodworker carefully working something out.  :)
Splinters!

It does have a seasoned yet fresh ring to it. Seems to cover all aspects of what happens here. Nice Job, I like it!
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR