Suggest a new domain

Started by Pedro, December 19, 2009, 04:52:57 PM

Pedro

indiesounds.org is nice but the indie concept is a bit diffuse and can be problematic. I think that it first meant indepedent music, music made without the hand of big companies, etc... But now it actually means another thing, I think, something like a real genre of music with some specific characteristics. And that could create confusion to visitors, which is not good.

danieldesete

Quote from: Ferryman on December 20, 2009, 02:14:59 AMHomeMusic.com/org/net - the community for people who create and record music at home on digital recorders.

(there is a HomeMusician.net but it's not so much a recording community)

I think that represents us better than something focused on just songwriting.

CHeers,

Nigel

Homemusic is my favorite so far
hou hou ha ha

launched

Quote from: admin on December 20, 2009, 08:07:15 AMindiesounds.org is nice but the indie concept is a bit diffuse and can be problematic. I think that it first meant indepedent music, music made without the hand of big companies, etc... But now it actually means another thing, I think, something like a real genre of music with some specific characteristics. And that could create confusion to visitors, which is not good.

You're probably right - Indie is starting to lean toward a certain style of music.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ferryman

Quote from: admin on December 20, 2009, 06:43:35 AMGreat suggestions!

I really like songcrafters.org, although it is somewhat big.

Homerec.net is also free, and also posthear.net.

Also, muzze.net is free. What do you think of this one?

I think the domain name should have some meaning so it at least gives you some idea of what the site is about. So muzze wouldn't work for me - it doesn't mean anything. Homerec is good but the reason I suggested Homemusic instead of Homerec is that there is already a thriving community at Homerecording.net and Homerec is pretty close to that. I wouldn't want them to think we were trying to compete with them.

Songcrafters IMO doesn't quite describe what we do - Songrecording or Songrec might be better and neither is taken. Or even Homesongs (altho there is an album by that bame), or something like that.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

danieldesete

I've been looking for a domain with share inside... sharing music is what we do here IMO. But there all taken already...
hou hou ha ha

launched

recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Oldrottenhead

i like microrecorders.org lol i never liked the bossbr namechange, even now whenever i am at pc other than my own i always type in microrecorders.org cos i know i'll get here. will always be microrecorders.org to me  lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

Quote from: oldrottenhead on December 20, 2009, 09:41:18 AMi like microrecorders.org lol i never liked the bossbr namechange, even now whenever i am at pc other than my own i always type in microrecorders.org cos i know i'll get here. will always be microrecorders.org to me  lol.

But you are such a macro recording kind of guy, Jim!  :D

Can't believe all the tracks you have made! Stunning!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

mr2kewl

"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra