Br-1200 on the way!

Started by Roytoy, December 19, 2009, 10:18:27 AM

Roytoy

I posted a few weeks ago that I had ordered a br-900. Well, I had some problems with the place I ordered it from, so I cancelled the order. A couple of weeks went by and my girlfriend began to ask me what I wanted for Christmas. I told her I was fine and didn't need anything. She persisted and the other night cornered me at the dinner table and said, "we need to talk about your present". I have a birthday soon after Christmas also. She said "what about that recorder you wanted, do you still want it?" I said yes I do. So I found a Br-1200 for not much more than I was going to pay for a 900 and she bought it. It will hopefully be here next week. I can't wait to post my first song and maybe collaborate with some of you. ;D
recorder
Boss BR-1200

OsCKilO

Awesome Present!!!!

I Got my MBR for my birthday this year from my wife...

Best present I ever had!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bluesberry

I love my BR-1200, you will be very happy with it.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Quote from: rdgotmy5 on December 19, 2009, 10:18:27 AMIt will hopefully be here next week.

While you're waiting, you should download and study the Owner's Manual. Let's face it, nobody wants to read the manual once they've got their shiny new toy, so now is the perfect time.

You might also want to order the DVD training video:

http://www.proaudiodvds.com/product-p/br-1200.htm?Click=2040

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

AndyR

Nice one - and do follow 64's advice...

I got my MBR last Christmas and it was all I could do to cook the Christmas dinner, read the manual, and record my first song, all at the same time :D

We did wonder about a BR1200 for me this year, but I'm waiting to lay my hands on a Brian May Guitars "red special" instead :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Blooby

And of course you're getting her a ring in return.

Blooby

AndyR

Quote from: Blooby on December 20, 2009, 05:52:08 AMAnd of course you're getting her a ring in return.

Blooby

:D
Actually, yeah... an other half with an understanding of your musical leanings, and prepared to get you presents towards it, thereby encouraging your, er, "disease"... is worth his/her weight in gold...

Seriously consider marrying that woman!  ;D

I married mine before we found out I was getting back into music, but she's utterly fab for this stuff... :)

She gets her presents as well, obviously, but I've had previous partners who just would not entertain music-related presents. They weren't trying to discourage, they just wanted to get me things that I "wouldn't get myself", but since marrying mrs R, I have discovered how different it is if your partner understands and encourages your hobby...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Roytoy

Quote from: Blooby on December 20, 2009, 05:52:08 AMAnd of course you're getting her a ring in return.

Blooby
Actually, I got her a pair of diamond earrings last week and just gave them to her over dinner. She didn't expect it since it wasn't Christmas yet. I do have the dvd tutorial in my amazon shopping cart, and thanks 64, I will download that manual.
recorder
Boss BR-1200

SteveB

RTY5 - Well done on the prezzie. At least your other-half will know where to find you for the foreseeable future.  ;D
And finding a partner who understands your music passion is a boon as well.  :)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Roytoy

One of the things that attracted her to me was my music. When we met I was still playing gigs every weekend, which was the tail end of about 20 years of gigs. I played full time for almost 10 years. So yes, it is indeed a blessing. I had been working on Eric Johnson's "Manhattan" for about a year and I wanted to play it for our family Christmas party yesterday. I rehearsed it about 10 or 12 times and asked her if she was sick of hearing it and she said," I never get tired of hearing you play." ;D
recorder
Boss BR-1200