Any chance we can raise the 5MB restriction?

Started by Gritter, December 18, 2009, 03:02:03 PM

Gritter

It would be nice to post at 192k, can the 5MB restriction get bumped up to maybe 7MB?

Bluesberry

This is a good point, I just posted my last song over at soundclick and linked here for this reason, I go over 5 minutes a lot, and even at 128k over 5 mins is over 5MB. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Saijinn Maas

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

mr2kewl

"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Mach

7 MB would be great. If we don't, try encoding the .wav at 160k instead of 128k. I have most of my mp3's at 192k but took the original wav file and gave it 160 to fit under the 5MB marker and it wasn't so bad.
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Quote from: Mach on December 28, 2009, 12:57:18 PM7 MB would be great. If we don't, try encoding the .wav at 160k instead of 128k. I have most of my mp3's at 192k but took the original wav file and gave it 160 to fit under the 5MB marker and it wasn't so bad.

Us poorly MBR users only have a choice of 64, 128 and 192. 160 would be great, because it would perfectly max out a 3.5 minute song.

7mb would be the best number if we could get it.
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

64Guitars

Quote from: launched on December 28, 2009, 01:58:07 PMUs poorly MBR users only have a choice of 64, 128 and 192. 160 would be great, because it would perfectly max out a 3.5 minute song.

Not exactly. You left out one other choice that Micro BR users have when exporting their song. The four choices are:

MP3 64kbps, MP3 128kbps, MP3 192kbps, and WAV.

If you export as a WAV file, you can convert it to MP3 on your computer at any bitrate you like, including 160kbps.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

launched

Quote from: 64Guitars on December 28, 2009, 02:22:54 PM
Quote from: launched on December 28, 2009, 01:58:07 PMUs poorly MBR users only have a choice of 64, 128 and 192. 160 would be great, because it would perfectly max out a 3.5 minute song.

Not exactly. You left out one other choice that Micro BR users have when exporting their song. The four choices are:

MP3 64kbps, MP3 128kbps, MP3 192kbps, and WAV.

If you export as a WAV file, you can convert it to MP3 on your computer at any bitrate you like, including 160kbps.

You are right, 64. No arguments there - I was just trying to stick with what the actual piece of hardware could handle without any ancillary assistance. The beauty of all the BR units is that you can upload music directly to the web without having to offload it to the computer first.

Maybe I'm just lazy, I don't know  :D Yeah, I'm just lazy!!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover