New website

Started by Pedro, December 18, 2009, 11:56:49 AM

Migs

Ahhh ... no more "returning soon" screen. :)

I was more in the "if it aint broke don't fix it" camp - but I like.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

T.C. Elliott

I'm gonna take a moment and give huge props to Admin (pedro?) Man there are quite a few little features that are wonderful. The newest songs on the index page. The newest posts on the index page. The calendar. The birthday list. The online listing. BIG time improvements imo. Were any of these things necessary? Nope. Do they improve the site? Absolutely. I'm really digging the new site.
Thanks much.
T.C.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

T.C. Elliott

Quote from: Rickocaster on December 20, 2009, 02:24:16 PMHey 64, the more I visit, the more I like the new design. I especially like the way all originals are posted together instead of by type of BR. It would be nice if there was some way to indicate the type of BR when you post a new tune so we can all know.  Keep up the good work!

Perhaps put it in the profile page? Make another entry or we could all start listing it? Or maybe put it in the profile but under our tagline or something so it's in each of our posts if we so choose to make it.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

henwrench

having spent a good while checking out the new site, everything seems to be in order and totally cool. I do however have one small niggle. Now that all the songs are on one board, it's very easy for a song to get 'lost' because of the sheer amount of posts and replies going on in one place. Before, a new song could be posted and would remain on the first page for at least a couple of days. Now however, a song can be posted and then drop off the first page within a couple of hours, leaving it often unheard by the amount of people who would have heard it before. Oh well, you can't please all of the people all of the time...
                                              henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

With you on that one Henwrench. But I think things are a bit hectic at the moment as there is a lot of reposting of old material going on as people are trying to get things in their playlists. I'm hoping things will settle down once everyone gets caught up. But I think as the community grows we will see songs with a shorter half life on the main page. That's both a good thing and a bad thing but at least our bretheren on what were the other BR boards will have more than tumbleweed for company.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kody

I like the new look...I like the calender....shows my birthday!!  Time to craft some damn songs!!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Migs

Was wondering where you had disappeared to Kody.  You need to make some more stuff for my iPod.

Bluesberry

Kody, nice to hear from you. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Kody

Hey guys! I've missed ya!! Been busy with school and work and 8 year old girl........and 28 year old girl.....haha!! I have a nice Christmas break from school, so hopefully I can do some recording...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Migs

Can't wait Kody.  I knew you were busy with school and kids but I also know you are one of the biggest talents around so selfishly want you to make some more music.