New website

Started by Pedro, December 18, 2009, 11:56:49 AM

Jim1970

Great work Pedro!! I love the Site so Far.
I love the Song List by the Avatar, I did notice that My 3 Last originals aren't on the list.
also As 64 Stated, will we be able to edit the List?

JIM

Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mach

Congrats on a job well done. The site looks great and well organized. I'll go and snoop 'round a little and find the smoky jazz lounge.  ;D
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Jim1970

I figured out that the Songs that are not listed Were linked to Sound Click.
Is there a way that those songs That have been linked there to show up on our song list?  I rather link it that way because It helps the song to rise in the Soundclick Charts.

Thanks again for your great work!!

JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mach

Quote from: Jim1970 on December 19, 2009, 11:24:48 AMIs there a way that those songs That have been linked there to show up on our song list?

Also, Is there a way to upload songs to edit a previous post that has a link in it?
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Pedro

It is not possible to have soundclick songs show in the playlist or in the recent songs script.

QuoteAlso, Is there a way to upload songs to edit a previous post that has a link in it?

Right now, it is now to possible to do that.

I'm thinking in changing the domain for our site. Do you have any suggestions? I was thinking about something short, with 5 characters and not a word but maybe a mispell of a common word to give it more personality.

I have thought about:

muzze.net
mutte.org

Can you give more suggestions?

Ferryman

It's the same but different! Good to see the site back, as i was getting ithdrawl symptoms. Only had a quick look around but it looks great so far, thanks for all your hard work Pedro.

Need to do some music now!

Cheers,

Nigel

PS Love the "play my songs" feature but my two most recent posts, White Rabbit and Hellbound (with Tommy) don't show up......

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Roytoy

I'm still pretty new here, so I hadn't gotten too used to the old site. I do like this setup better, though. Glad its back up! ;D
recorder
Boss BR-1200

T.C. Elliott

Only the first song I posted is on the playlist. Perhaps because it is stored on a different server?
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Tony W

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 18, 2009, 03:56:31 PMPedro, Great looking site, I have one thought/opinion:

The originals section should be for originals (all music done by the poster or posters if a colab), no backers, etc.  We should have one more spot for all these backer challenges we do.  If you start with a backer or some other music that was not originally recorded, there should be a section for that kind of thing. In my opinion, the originals thread should be for complete, all original, all played by the poster/posters.  Then it is easier to find the backer challenge posts when we have a backer challenge, they will all be in one spot for those that are interested in listening to these.  And the original songs (with words or instrumentals) will not be overwhelmed by backer stuff (that we all love to do).  That is my opinion.
Quote from: admin on December 18, 2009, 05:28:07 PMYes, a backing track board could be created.

Could be or will be?

I don't feel comfortable sliding in a backing track on any of the boards. It isn't an original, and it isn't a cover (at least not the way I play).

If I post it under backing tracks that will clutter the board with tainted backers..

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Quote from: admin on December 19, 2009, 11:13:23 AMThe script can only list songs uploaded to our site.

So this apparently means that uploading songs is allowed again in the song boards?  How did you resolve the disk space issue?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac