Is it tacky to give your own music as a holiday gift?

Started by Blooby, December 12, 2009, 10:50:31 AM

Bluesberry

Quote from: oldrottenhead on November 17, 2010, 12:00:37 PMbe careful tho, i gave my mom a copy of the met norway cd with "hey ho" the obscene pirate song on it oops!
Hahahahahahaha. hilarious.  That song is quite bawdy.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tony W

Quote from: Vanncad on November 17, 2010, 10:45:39 AMIt takes courage to put your music out there. Especially if you are uncomfortable with your playing/singing/quality of recording, etc.

WTF do you smoke? If you're insecure, Jeez. I must be the fat girl who tries on clothes that are 5 sizes too small.

I'd buy your music Vann. Hell, I'd go see you in concert, and I don't do crowds.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

dasilvasings

I've been offering the "the very best of DaSilvaSings" on my friend's birthdays, and then I'll offer it again for Christmas. Tacky? Yep!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Quote from: Tony W on November 17, 2010, 02:05:23 PMJeez. I must be the fat girl who tries on clothes that are 5 sizes too small.

You sound like my kind of gal. You free this Friday?

I personally wouldn't give my music to anyone but I tend to do stuff that is an acquired taste so I would like to let those that like that kind of stuff find it for themselves. Which is hard because so far it only exists on this site. But one day I plan to post some stuff on Soundclick and things like that.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

djbride

I don't think it is tacky at all.
It is a much more personal gift than just going to a store and buying something.
I have been sending out Cd's with christmas music I recorded on them
to family and friends since 2005, everyone I send it to says they look forward to it every year.
Go for it, I think people that really care about you will appreciate it.

Dave
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1049425

"Rock is dead they say, Long Live Rock, be it dead or alive"    P. Townsend

ODH

My music making is at best tolerated with a certain amount of amusement and disdain by my family, and generally not a fit topic for conversation usually.  Giving a CD of the stuff to one of them would be tantamount cutting myself off from them forever.  Having said that, my songs are not exactly Christmas friendly.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter