Is it tacky to give your own music as a holiday gift?

Started by Blooby, December 12, 2009, 10:50:31 AM

Blooby

If packaged nicely (covers, Lightscribe disc, etc.), is it tacky to give your own music as a holiday gift?

I'm considering this for a couple people, so I am definitely interested in your answers (and eventual sarcasm).

Blooby

StevieM

Not in my book it's not.
 Maybe I'm biased 'cos I quite often make things for gifts, but I  think that if someone's taken the time, effort and skill to make something, it means a whole lot more than just splashing money on it.

I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Wiley

I don't think so either Blooby,  There's nothing my Dad likes better than for me to give him a CD  with me singing his favorite old songs.  I personaly think it is a  great idea!   Who wouldn't love to have family's or friends music to listen too!! I say go for it!!

Tony W

i think it depends on the music blooby. I have a tendancy to produce music that only a mother could love. you on the otherhand.... not the case. sarcasm came quick this time...

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

It bloody is Blooby and I intend to be as tacky as I possibly can this Christmas!

8 pence ($0.10) for a christmas prezzy! Bargain!

(Oh look! A Jemima's Kite CD, Oh and you've signed it, How thoughtful.....)
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Geir

You know I love your music Blooby .. and I've been asking myself the same question ....

I'd say  ... add it as a bonus gift! I know we put a lot of time and effort into our recordings, but some people ... well ........ I think you know what I mean ... but ... of course it really depends who you're giving it to ...

did that really answer anything at all ???
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Its craft man, that is the greatest gift you can give at christmas time.  The best gifts are the ones you craft with your own two hands and heart.  Music definately fits in this category.  I totally agree that your own music should be given at christmas time.  It is like giving homemade wine or turkey pies or a fine handcarved duck.  Only much better, its Blooby Jam. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Blooby

Thanks for the advice.  I think I'm going to run with it, perhaps as an add-on/bonus gift.

Blooby

How's this for wacky pretense?

Tony W

very unique blooby. love it. This topic has put me in a massive swirl of thought. I wish I were not on my cell for the reply though. Here goes... If i were to receive music created by a loved one,which included the members here, I would cry.

Every year I make a snowboarding video at the end o9f the season. I gift my vids to the people I ride with. I now understand what my friends feel when receiving this gift. It feels a bit corny as the giver but as the receiver... it is the best gifft.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR