Host Sites

Started by Mach, December 11, 2009, 08:29:06 AM

Mach

Is there a list or recommendation to what sites will stream songs to this little player in post on this site?

Time:
0:00
Volume:

What does this one do?  >>>  [mp3=200,20,0,center] /mp3]  <<< had to remove the [ at /mp3] to get it to show in this post.

I have tried streaming from 3 different sites to the little embeded player here and I finally got the player to show up in my previewed post but NO stream streams  ???
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

The [mp3][/mp3] tags are a relic from when the site allowed MP3s to be attached to messages. Now you have to link to your MP3 instead using the [singlemp3][/singlemp3] tags. Unfortunately, many music hosting sites such as SoundClick, 4shared, mixposure, and IndieMusicWorks hide the actual URL of your MP3 file so that direct linking is not possible. There is a special [soundclick][/soundclick] tag pair that inserts a SoundClick player widget for files hosted by SoundClick. But we currently have no way of embedding a player for files hosted by 4shared and other sites that hide the URL.

If you upload your MP3 to a host site that allows direct linking to your file, you can paste the URL between a pair of [singlemp3][/singlemp3] tags to embed our MP3 player gadget. One site that looks pretty good is weebly.com. See this message for more info. In the rest of that topic, you'll find info about a few other hosting sites that allow direct linking.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Pine

Hi 64...Just wanted to clear up that SC does not hide URL's as some do. You just have to go to your "music" page and click on "full song info" under any given song and you will find the url.
Example below:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7448861
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Mach

Hey thanks guys, I'll try and give weebly a shot.
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: Pinedog on December 11, 2009, 12:48:09 PMHi 64...Just wanted to clear up that SC does not hide URL's as some do. You just have to go to your "music" page and click on "full song info" under any given song and you will find the url.
Example below:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7448861

But that's not the URL of the actual MP3 file. It's the URL of the SoundClick web page for your song. In other words, the file that it points to is HTML, not MP3. If you paste that URL between a pair of [singlemp3][/singlemp3] tags, the song won't play because the URL isn't pointing to an MP3 file. That's why Pedro had to add the [soundclick][/soundclick] tags for SoundClick-hosted files. It loads SoundClick's own MP3 player widget which plays songs based on the SoundClick songID rather than the URL of the MP3 file, which they hide.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Pine

"Too soon old and too late smart"

Sorry 64. I won't again be so foolish as to think i know something about all this that you don't. Just trying to help. Now if i can just get my foot out of my mouth so i can have some pizza... ::)
recorder
Boss BR-1200

64Guitars

No problem, Pinedog. I'm glad that you mentioned it because it may help others to understand why some host sites work with our MP3 player and others don't. Also, I'm not a proper member of SoundClick (I can only view pages - not post), so it's always possible that you're privy to certain info there that I'm not. I did wonder if maybe you'd found the actual URL of your MP3 file somewhere on that page, though I certainly haven't been able to find it.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Tony W