My newest idea!

Started by Pedro, December 10, 2009, 11:56:56 AM

Oldrottenhead

is that 20 songs in total or per month, regards a subscription, i dont think there are many models that have a large subscription base, i think you would raise more having a paypal donation button, starting to get very worried now re restrictions on posting
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Pedro

QuoteAlso, could we change the size/song from 5 megs?  and just use the total megs/member group?

I think I understand, that would allow the user to post a song larger than 5 MB, right?

Quote from: oldrottenhead on December 12, 2009, 12:00:38 PMis that 20 songs in total or per month, regards a subscription, i dont think there are many models that have a large subscription base, i think you would raise more having a paypal donation button, starting to get very worried now re restrictions on posting

That would be total (100 MB is about thirty-three 3-minute songs and twenty 5-minute songs), regarding the subscription I basically took the example from guitarblast.com, which seems to be around for years. Basically, the subscription is a donation which allows for more features but more directed to the users that actually make more use of server resources, making things more fair.

Oldrottenhead

even more worried now. i'm a worrier.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Wiley

What if you don't use this as the host. And you want to continue to stream from somewhere else. So there is little storage how would that play into this?

Oldrottenhead

was thinking that myself pj.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Pedro

Quote from: wiley on December 12, 2009, 12:53:25 PMWhat if you don't use this as the host. And you want to continue to stream from somewhere else. So there is little storage how would that play into this?

In that case you could post how many songs as your host allows. The disadvantage is that it wouldn't be possible to use those songs with most of the scripts I posted above, for example the mega playlist or the recent songs. But that would be totally possible.

Wiley

I'm with you ORH I am a worrier!!  I just spent $50 to have my own web site just to store songs and to stream here as I couldn't find a decent place. And spent over a week relinking everything so if things started getting deleted it would work. And now if things change none of it will work anyway?   I guess I am computer illiterate for sure. Will just have to wait and see! And yes worry more.

Pine

If a member has X number of songs on site, do you intend to create individual artist pages where they will be kept?
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Pedro

Quote from: Pinedog on December 12, 2009, 01:16:35 PMIf a member has X number of songs on site, do you intend to create individual artist pages where they will be kept?

Yes, the MP3's are listed in the Profile of each user.

Tony W

Wiley, brought up a really good point which I intended to avoid like the plague. I too spent money, but more importantly an incredible amount of time creating a hosting option for regular members here.

I pissed a few people off in the process, by making a "no reply" rule for my site in order to push people back to our primary site (here).

Point being, I spent about 90 hours of my time, and money so others would not have to. This came about as a result of the last change to the site.

Personally, I post 1 song a month. I'm not a skilled musician, I'm a beginner. I know  I can post a crappy song here and get good feedback because those who reply to my posts, have known and followed my development as a musician. In a couple years I may be Bluesberry Junior, who knows. As of now, if this community opens up I probably will not post my work for multiple reasons, 2nd page woes, people unfamiliar with my journey, etc.

I said before we dropped hosting that I would be happy to contribute financially. I stayed true to my word and made that financial obligation happen, although it wasn't directly to the site, it was to support the site.

The first of November would have been a much better time to address this idea, or wait another 6 months.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR