My newest idea!

Started by Pedro, December 10, 2009, 11:56:56 AM

OsCKilO

Why not just Change the heading to:-

The Boss Br Recorders "And Songwriting" Community.

Need not change a thing on the site...

Just Change that "Thingy" (Dont know the name) so it comes up on a google search for songwriting circles/forums...

There is already provision on the site..... 

Maybe the only change will be a merger of the Post your MP3 Boards.... 
The Standard of work which can be achieved is pretty much the same on each unit. The MBR guys are not "worse off" than someone with a Br1600....
May as well merge them...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Gritter

Quote from: Tony W on December 10, 2009, 02:28:34 PMHas the digital multi-track recorders lost popularity? I see new faces here every time I log on. lukewarm would be an upgrade from where I sit. I like the forum as is. It is a good community, a very peaceful place.

Expand this out, and I for one will never be able to keep up with people's music. I have sorely lacked as of late, and its nearly impossible to give feedback on people's posts as is, because there are so many.

I might be one of the few, but I like this site as it stands.  

After reading these comments I have reassessed my position on this and I agree with Tony...If it ain't broke - don't fix it...because there is no going back. We all love this place and I would hate to lose what we've got here.

Wiley

Researching the recorders is how I found this place and decided to buy the micro BR!!  That's what this place is all about.  There is a spot for other recorders, it is hardly used.  I think allowing a lot of others will create a huge influx of people.  I am with TonyW.  Its big enough now.

As far as uploading to here.  That could have been done in the first place.  I have spent money for a place to stream from. So I will continue to use it.  How would we know that uploading might not  be blocked again in the future??

As mentioned there are plenty of other communities if people want to go there.  This place rocks because of the way it is!!  I for one have learned a lot here!  I would not have learned this stuff at soundclick or any other place.
PJ

OsCKilO

Is The merger of the Post your work boards Still Gonna happen though?

I think it would be a good Idea!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

dwardzala

I think the focus of this board as a BR recorder's only board is a bit limiting.  Many of us use multiple bits of hardware and software to create the music that we share.

That being said, there are lots of other fora out there for song writers/musicians which some of us already frequent.  I frequent this board because it is different.  We all have the same recording limitations based on the BR recorders (and there are limitations).  We are all looking for tips and tricks that apply to our particular hardware. This community is "homey" and very welcoming.  Most of the others are not.  I would not want to see this community turn into that type, because I am certain that most of us would stop sharing our music here.

My vote is to leave it as is.  But its just my $0.02
Dave

BR-600

Blooby

While I understand and respect your motivations, the thought of the site ultimately getting larger makes me anxious about the loss of a community-feel. Anybody who has spent an inordinate amount of time on this site (14 Days 6 Hours 36 minutes and counting) does so because of its current manifestation.

That's not to say great things couldn't happen with an overhaul. I guess it's just hard to envision it...its size and its dynamics.

Peace.

Blooby

Wiley

You said it Blooby  18 days, 12 hours and 36 minutes.  Would lose the intimacy!!

Jim1970

I like the Site the way it is.
Its a Great Idea but I am afraid
that the Site will Lose something that is so Great
IMO
JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Saijinn Maas

I've not been around much lately due to work and other things (broke my fretting hand and then had to have it re-broken because it didn't set right)...

It looks to me that digital recorders are getting MORE, not less, popular.

If any change needs to be made, I'd vote for going back to the old way of uploading mp3.

Just my 2 cents...

Geir

This site started out as Microrecorders.org as far as I know. The expansion that took place when it renamed to BossBR.net wasn't changing things much, but it was a change in focus. The spirit of the site didn't change tho', but I'm afraid that opening up for all kind of other recorders will. Let's imagine having 20 Boskos and Pinedogs here. .... and know I do love their music!! and see them as a huge asset to our community ... but opening up to all kind of recorders will mean we will get a completely different focus here. There is only one MicroBR, (ok I know there are other 4-track recording devices out there) and I think that what makes this site exciting is that the fact that due to the limitations on our recording device the focus is on the music we make. We can posts rough takes of our songs and know that there is no pressure in getting it sound like it was recorded in a professional studio (tho some here come pretty close to that).

I'm not saying that this couldn't continue even with an expansion, but I can't see how , especially if we merge all the "post-your-work" into one board. I'm afraid the bar will be raised and that some of us will be more reluctant to post our work.

We already have the "other recorders" section so the site isn't restricted to just Boss products as it is now.

My vote is on keeping it as it is.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........