Side Swiped

Started by Farmjazz, June 29, 2008, 03:31:48 PM

Farmjazz

I get more work done with my wife gone. Here's a re-work of a tune I wrote some time ago. Hey, everything's new on the MICRO BR, right?

Bouncing tracks with no fidelity loss is addictive and I think I went too far with this one. Starts out clean, but ends up chaotic. What do you all think? There's so many guitars I can't count them all.

Okay, Jim, go for it if you dare, this'uns an original piece

Oldrottenhead

cool as man really nice tune with lots going on, re
QuoteOkay, Jim, go for it if you dare, this'uns an original piece.
did you mean me there as in try a vox over it.

if so i might give it a go, but for now i cant see any space for a vocal as there is so much going on, however i like a challenge and i have an idea that maybe a wacky sounding vocal akin to david byrne or david thomas could be made to fit, but dont hold your breathe, this looks a hard nut to crack.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Farmjazz

I do mean you, sir. Go wild with it. I did. 

Oldrottenhead

ok, i am already half way done, but my good lady wife is getting pissed off at the wailing coming from the kitchen its almost midnight here in bonnie scotland.
nothing to post yet but i have gone for the vox replying to the lead guitar/s, which means lyrics are gonna be like war and peace, didnt realise till i listened back that you had a backing vox in there, i must have got it subliminally coz i sang/hummed the exact same as you, im off to bed now so . song will be bouncing through my head and  hopefully any lyrics that come to mind are not forgotten in the morning, think i'll take a pen n paper to bed with me.
nitey nite.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Farmjazz

Nighty-night, Jimmy. I ain't even et supper yet!

hic.

galestermusic

Quotebut my good lady wife is getting pissed off at the wailing coming from the kitchen its almost midnight here in bonnie scotland.

LMAO! :D

mduckworth73

I was looking forward to hearing this one. I can't get the player to play. Is it locked for certain users?
Thanks
Duck

Oldrottenhead

ok, here is a rough go,  used two vox, i did it at first with a high pitched but wimpy hoarse voice but didnt like it, so i did it again with a deeper more macho voice and didnt like that, so i played both together and although recorded seperately they seemed to fit with one another, so this is that version, but i am sure after having a listen to it and getting feedback i will have another go at it. farmjazz do you still have the thunderstorm, if so i think it would sound nice at the part where i sing calm before the storm.

heres the lyrics

sideswipe

You move so fast
I cant keep up with you
You leave me trailing behind

I try my best
But im left in your wake
Why don't you throw me a line

I say hello
But you just walk right past
Its like im not even there

You only speak to me
To criticise
Or have a dig or a gibe

O  o  o  sideswipe

Youre through the door
And it slams in my face
Don't think that you even care

You hold it open for
the boss and clients
and always do it with flair

it makes me nervous
that you're always calm
its just like before the storm

it always seems to go
the way you want
you cant do anything wrong

O  o  o  sideswipe

I don't have time
For people like you
You got no manners
Yet you think its cool

You know I don't believe
Your shit
I think youre just a hypocrite

You know its not hard to be nice
Being civil really aint a vice
You might get much more from life
If you take my advice

O  o  o  sideswipe

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

PhilFromIT

God! You guys are amazing. I love it! I could listen to this all day seriously awesome!

-Phil

Farmjazz

Sorry Duck. I didn't do it right the first time. The original post works now. Jim grabbed it in between the very first post and my failed attempt to add the mini player.

When I listen to it on the mini player, it sounds like it speeds up but I know it doesn't.

The slide part was an after thought. I never used a slide on this guitar before - action too low - but, by golly, it works just fine. Just got to use a feather-light touch.