Hi.

Started by yjzep, December 09, 2009, 01:33:23 PM

Hello, I just decided to try to find any info on my Micro BR, which I've had about 6 months now, and found this community.  I am a member of many forums, they are the best places to find and share info!  It is definitely a great time to be a musician!  I'm sure plenty of you remember calling your answering machine from a payphone at 2 a.m.and singing a riff or vocal into it,  so you'd actually remember the riff the next afternoon when you woke up!!  Not to mention not having to have all those extra tapes lying around that you didn't sell! ;D
Oh yeah I play Guitar and sing for my band, which is still unnamed as we lost our name with the departure of an old member.  I write most of the music so having a scratch pad like the BR is very handy!  I usually work on songs on my DAW on homestudio, and while in my studio/rehersal space, I'll use the digitech jamman to work on new ideas.  I used to use the mbr for that before I got the looper, but the foot punch in is alot easier.  However, I keep the MBR, the ac adapter, and 2 sets of batteries in my guitar bag, and now I'll take that with me places.  I remember being in the middle of a nice solo for a song and having to stop in the middle because I hooked a big bluefish!!  Good thing I had a steel leader because I had headphones on and who knows how long he was on there before I saw the rod bent over!!  I'll also use it in a pinch if I'm too lazy to leave the couch and go downstairs.  I wrote 2 songs during the world series!  Anyways I've said my peace about why I like this thing, if it had more precise drum mapping (like being able to start a new step on a fraction of a measure instead of whole) then I would use it alot more, and the effects are pretty good, but the amp models lack a bit for me.  If I am going to record my amp then i might as well fire up the daw, as the mics are already in place down there.  But for those without the luxury of a studio in their 1 br apartment basement, this thing will definitely foster creativity..which is why we do this!

Oldrottenhead

welcome aboard, you must let us hear some of your work.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

BossMicroBRew

Welcome welcome. Yes, this little shiny thing is a wonderland of magic and creativity.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

danieldesete

Let's us hear your music  !
Welcome here
Daniel
hou hou ha ha

Groundy

Welcome aboard YJZEP.....Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

fenderbender

wecome -just know your gonna enjoy it here
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600