In search of my Holy Grail………….

Started by The Reverend 48, December 09, 2009, 08:38:43 AM

Blooby

I've never really tried a P-90 guitar in any real way.  I've sure heard some great tones from them, though.

Blooby

Tony W

i thought an sg was going to be my grail until i spent an hour on one. the neck was too small for my oversized fingers. the search continues.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SteveB

Quote from: Tony W on December 13, 2009, 12:59:50 AMi thought an sg was going to be my grail until i spent an hour on one. the neck was too small for my oversized fingers. the search continues.

TYW - Ever tried a SRV Strat (or a replica)? It has a 12inch-radius fretboard (biggest Fender make I believe), you may find some satisfaction there.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Blooby

Quote from: SteveB on December 13, 2009, 01:04:33 AMTYW - Ever tried a SRV Strat (or a replica)? It has a 12inch-radius fretboard (biggest Fender make I believe), you may find some satisfaction there.

There was a Jeff Beck Strat a few years ago with a gi-normous neck, uncomfortably so. From a web site: "Then Fender went and changed the specs. Due to public complaints, the massive neck of yesteryear is gone, replaced with something more acceptable to the masses."

That thing was a beast.

I thought my holy grail guitar was a Ernie Ball/Music Man Steve Morse model, but I find myself ignoring it these last couple years.  I think more and more that it will be just a good Telecaster. 

Blooby

Bluesberry

The Tele is really doing it for me right now, something about a Tele...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

rraguse

Yes sir right here. An 1984 Ibanez AM50 Artist. I rescued this poor battered and abused child from someone that had no idea what he had. I have played a lot of guitars but none have ever played as easily as this one does.