Latest bout with G.A.S. (with sample of cheese)

Started by Blooby, December 06, 2009, 10:09:43 AM

Blooby

I have been looking for a 335-style guitar for about a year without a 335-style pricetag.  I saw myself getting an Epiphone Sheraton II, but happened upon this 1991ish Ibanez AS-80 on Craigslist the other day (for a song).  The guy told me a friend of his bought it to learn on but then never bothered.  He then bought it off his buddy ten years ago, but he liked his Telecaster exclusively.  I took all this with a grain of salt, but when I opened the case, the damn thing was brand new.  Rings like a bell, too. It's not one of their higher-end Korean models from that era, but I've already seen a few on the web going for well over twice what I paid for it.  I really couldn't be happier with the thing anyway, so I think it'll become a regular in the harem.

Now if I could just find the time to play it.

Peace.

Blooby

Migs

sweet

I wish someone would sell me a guitar for half its value.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

OsCKilO

Very cool guitar Blooby

Quote from: Migs on December 06, 2009, 04:06:53 PMI wish someone would sell me a guitar for half its value.

Where were you when I was selling the reso!  Lol

I sold it at half price!  Lol

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Migs

Quote from: osckilo on December 06, 2009, 05:15:22 PMWhere were you when I was selling the reso!  Lol

I sold it at half price!  Lol

I was here somewhere.  I think shipping would have doubled the price though. 
Could you please sell me a pre-CBS Strat for half price ?
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Blooby

Quote from: Migs on December 06, 2009, 06:41:25 PMCould you please sell me a pre-CBS Strat for half price ?

I was thinking a '58-'59 Les Paul.

Quote from: Pigfarmer Jr on December 06, 2009, 07:42:34 PMDon't bother for me. I couldn't afford that either.

Oh wait...  I meant for free. I'm nice. I deserve it.

T.C. Elliott

Don't bother for me. I couldn't afford that either.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Greeny

That guitar is a beaut. I have an Ibanez Electro-Acoustic and it's a damn fine guitar. A lifer, in fact. I think Ibanez are quite underrated, so you've got a bargain. And you have the skills to really make it sing!

Ferryman

When I was playing "seriously", ie gigging in bands and trying to "make it", I always used Ibanez guitars. They were all very well made, plyaed beautifully and didn't have a recognizable "sound" so were great if you didn't want to sound like you were playing a LesPaul, Strat or Tele (which I didn't at the time). A good Ibanez is definitely a guitar worth having, glad you found a nice one at a great price!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

Looks Great Well Done Blooby!
Lookin forward to hearing it!