Just curious... (sociological inquiry for the day)

Started by Blooby, December 05, 2009, 07:52:37 AM

tony

Quote from: Ted on December 07, 2009, 07:56:05 PM
Quote from: tony on December 07, 2009, 06:56:33 PMNot-OCD - ha! Sorry, Ted, on the non-OCD charts your desk is as organised as an operating table.

There's a box of 3.5" floppies on my disk.  That would be the equivalent of a jar of leeches on an operating table.

And then there's the bottle of beer...

We could invent a card game and play for 3.5" floppies against my stack of blank minidisks.  Don't mention the beer though, alcohol is my undoing.  It was a bottle of vodka and citrus that I spilled on my iBook the other week and killed it. 

Oh look, I just found one of my daughter's baby teeth nestled in a Griffin iMic.  Life is a treasure trove of wonders.

64Guitars

Quote from: Migs on December 07, 2009, 08:27:56 PMI do miss this though:

http://www.rockian.com.au/shef/sl0076.htm

I've still got my copy of that album. The dynamic range is awesome.

I also have "Dave Grusin - Discovered Again!" from Sheffield Labs, featuring Lee Ritenour, Harvey Mason, Ron Carter, and Larry Bunker.

The sound quality on those two albums (both recorded direct to disc) is better than any CD, LP, or tape that I've ever heard.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Quote from: tony on December 07, 2009, 08:36:40 PMWe could invent a card game and play for 3.5" floppies against my stack of blank minidisks.

I'll see your 3.5" floppies and minidisks and raise you several hundred 5.25" floppies, one 8" floppy, a couple dozen Zip discs, and a shoebox full of DC2000 tape cartridges.  :D

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Wiley

Forget the floppies and minidisks. I'll raise you 200 cassette tapes.

Migs

Quote from: 64Guitars on December 07, 2009, 08:41:03 PMI've still got my copy of that album. The dynamic range is awesome.

I also have "Dave Grusin - Discovered Again!" from Sheffield Labs, featuring Lee Ritenour, Harvey Mason, Ron Carter, and Larry Bunker.

The sound quality on those two albums (both recorded direct to disc) is better than any CD, LP, or tape that I've ever heard.

They are amazing recordings aren't they.  A Sheffeild Lab compilation I had some Grusin/Ritenour stuff on it.  I think I will start collecting them again.  People who only listen to MP3s don't know what they are missing.

Some other things that dissappeard were some Ritenour stuff ... On The Line, Harlequin and Earth run.  Mind you the are on GRP records so not nearlly as high quality.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

tony

My last bet is a 16mm movie projector with a bunch of old reels and films corroding on top of a bookcase.  Is this the price of progress?  Rooms full of junk that we can't listen to, watch or read anymore?  I love it because one day I will get to leave my reels of Emil Cohl animations and other crap to my daughters and, should they find someone who can fire the projector into life, they can say, 'Oh, that's what he was on about all those years ago.'  And then I will finally be dismissed.

Wiley

Ok back to the sandwich,  situation!!  Peanut butter,  you have to match the pieces of bread.  But then you squish just inside  the crust.  And pinch it so seal it then rip the crust off and eat the rest!!

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Tony W

How about the toothpaste being squeezed in the middle? I can't tolerate it.

Eating the skin off a hotdog first? I bet you're a fun date.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR