Just curious... (sociological inquiry for the day)

Started by Blooby, December 05, 2009, 07:52:37 AM

OsCKilO

Quote from: Migs on December 07, 2009, 03:21:24 PM
Quote from: Blooby on December 06, 2009, 08:17:35 PMJust where do you work!?

Perhaps I misunderstand...

Our version of your FSA.  I put dodgy people in gaol (or jail for you Americans).
People only ever see your computer screen when that kind of thing is on it.

Food Standards Agency?

Or....

Financial Services Authority?

I googled it as I couldn't guess the letters... This is the short list....

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on December 07, 2009, 03:39:40 PMokay fess up wich of you guys and gals here are on the autistic spectrum and have your cds stored in eith alphabetical or chronological order.

Definitely! I've always kept by record and CD collections alphabetised by artist (as well as chronological for each artist) since I was a kid. I also kept a notebook in which I'd record the artist, title, date of purchase, etc. for each album when I bought it. I have over 500 LPs at last count and probably a couple of hundred CDs, so keeping them in order is a necessity. Otherwise, I'd never be able to find them.

Does that make me autistic? ???

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

QuoteDoes that make me autistic? Huh
i would say there is a good possibility you are lmao
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Migs

Oh, this reminds me of Hi Fidelity and arranging albums to correlate to a time in your life.
My CDs are a hybrid alphabetical order.  Sometimes by artist, sometimes by album name.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Ted

I rip all my CDs to MP3s, and play a random shuffle of all unrated songs every song is rated. I almost never play a CD, much less in the sequence determined by the artist/label.  I've discovered many song gems in otherwise dismal CDs this way.

I keep my CDs organized like this.

• Western Pop/Rock (a.k.a. Cultural Imperialism)
    • Artist
      • Release Date (I'm not too strict about this)
    • Compilations
  • Other (World/non-Western, Classical)
    • Artist (or Composer in the case of Classical)
    • Compilations

(I also like to create hierarchical tables in forum code.)

Lest you think me OCD, I've attached a photo of my desk, taken minutes ago while composing this reply.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

tony

Not-OCD - ha! Sorry, Ted, on the non-OCD charts your desk is as organised as an operating table.  I lose things for weeks on my desk.  My desk is the Bermuda Triangle of notes, CDs, money, favourite pens, bills, letters and I lost my iPod the other day.  It's in there somewhere.  I'd take a photo but the camera is with my video camera, and that's on the desk, somewhere.

Ted

Quote from: tony on December 07, 2009, 06:56:33 PMNot-OCD - ha! Sorry, Ted, on the non-OCD charts your desk is as organised as an operating table.

There's a box of 3.5" floppies on my disk.  That would be the equivalent of a jar of leeches on an operating table.

And then there's the bottle of beer...
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

T.C. Elliott

800 or a few more cds in the home made wooden cd rack. Alphabetized by artist name... via ITunes. Switched it when I got my first IPod and kept going to the wrong place for the cds. Don't play them very much any more... should probably sell 700 of em as I don't listen to them.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Wiley

You guys crack me up!!  My cd's and 3 mp3 players are all over the house.  I have not organization.  To busy making music to worry about that stuff!

Migs

Quote from: osckilo on December 07, 2009, 04:05:14 PMFinancial Services Authority?

That one.

I sopped cataloguing or caring too much when someone broke in to my house and stole 90% of my vinly and most of my favourite CDs.

Which reminds me, why would anyone but me be interested in listening to stuff like this:

http://www.rockian.com.au/shef/sl0081.htm

I do miss this though:

http://www.rockian.com.au/shef/sl0076.htm

Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !