Just curious... (sociological inquiry for the day)

Started by Blooby, December 05, 2009, 07:52:37 AM

Ferryman

Quote from: Blooby on December 05, 2009, 07:52:37 AMI know this sounds stupid, but I'm genuinely curious about this.

If you make a sandwich, does the bread have to face the same way?

Yes.

Quote from: Blooby on December 05, 2009, 07:52:37 AMOh yeah...and panties.  Shouldn't they ideally match the skimpy bra? 

You wear whatever you feel comfortable in, girlfriend  :-*

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gritter

QuoteMy weirdest 'OCD' tendency is choosing track orders for my albums. It's like I'm looking for some secret combination that will unlock the universe or something. I know any listeners wouldn't really care about track order, but it's vitally important to me. I fret about it for a long time. And it's totally about having everything in it's right place.

Greeny, to me this is extremely important. I want to hear the songs in the order that the artist intended at least the first few times through. Then I might go random. This is one of the main reasons I still buy CDs and do not own an mp3 playing device. When I make a mixed CD the order is very important and sometimes I rearrange the order after a few listens...there is a science to it!

64Guitars

Quote from: Ferryman on December 07, 2009, 10:25:09 AM
Quote from: Blooby on December 05, 2009, 07:52:37 AMOh yeah...and panties.  Shouldn't they ideally match the skimpy bra? 

You wear whatever you feel comfortable in, girlfriend  :-*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foybsDsn5hk

Everyone sing along...

Lacey things the wife is missin'
Didn't ask for her permission
I'm wearin' her clothes, her silk pantyhose
Walkin' 'round in women's underwear

In the store, there's a teddy
With little straps like spaghetti
It holds me so tight, like handcuffs at night

In the office there's a guy named Melvin
He pretends that I am Murphy Brown
He'll say "Are you ready?"
We'll say "Whoa man! Let's wait until the wife is out of town."

Later on, if you wanna
We can dress like Madonna
Put on some eyeshade and join the parade

Lacey things... missin'
Didn't ask... permission
Wearin' her clothes, silk pantyhose

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Satchwood

This thread is cracking me up !!!

- I guess I need to self-examine for any ritualistic obsessive-compulsive behaviors....you wont believe what I go through to record something....

I'm def with you on the bread arrangement for sandwiches....
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Greeny

Quote from: Gritter on December 07, 2009, 11:04:55 AMWhen I make a mixed CD the order is very important and sometimes I rearrange the order after a few listens...there is a science to it!

Love... science.... experience...

Every compilation should contain these ingredients!

Glad it's not just me who's so precise about such matters, lol

Ted

Dinsousaurs 69-ing, and solving your crusty issues:

The song order of every album ever:

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Migs

Quote from: Blooby on December 06, 2009, 08:17:35 PMJust where do you work!?

Perhaps I misunderstand...

Our version of your FSA.  I put dodgy people in gaol (or jail for you Americans).
People only ever see your computer screen when that kind of thing is on it.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

tony

Ritualistic behaviour, it all used to matter.  Then I gave it up and I'm 17 again (in my head).  Go for random. Things taste good again and, apart from a few scary moments coming up to payday, there is a soft breeze in the air.

Go for random, my friends.  Go for random in all things but rhyming schemes.  You won't regret it and the sandwiches will have the surprise of a childhood summer morning when you unwrap the little package that your mother put together and you and your friends sit by the stream and eat your lunch early (Is this a Van Morrison song?  Stop it now!!)

Oldrottenhead

okay fess up wich of you guys and gals here are on the autistic spectrum and have your cds stored in eith alphabetical or chronological order.

i dont have any system im fact i think i have more cds stuck down the side of my sofa than there are coins lost down there.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

tony

I had a friend that used to keep his albums in alphabetical order of record labels.  I thought that was a bit excessive.