guitar pinched harmonics

Started by Tony W, December 04, 2009, 11:04:42 AM

Tony W

So you can hit harmonics at various frets with your fret hand. You can even get harmonics above the sound hole on an acoustic. When doing pinched harmonics, is the location of the pick critical to pulling off pinched harmonics?

I can get some pinched harmonics, but never consistently. I've watched this video a dozen times, but I'm missing it. Does the location of the node change as the fret hand moves? or is the node always in the same place?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I5O8P-r5Rk

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bluesberry

The next level guitar guy explained it perfectly, thats how you get them.  He gave the whole thing right there.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StevieM

Yep, he's good alright. One problem---- now I know how I managed to do it ( I could just sort of make it happen when I needed/wanted  it to), and what I'm supposed to do--------CAN'T BLOODY DO IT NOW >:( :'(     Damn damn damn---- I have to forget seeing that---apart from the bit about the intervals-----forget forget forget
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Tony W

LOL Steve! Mike thank you very much. My understanding changed quite a bit with that second Vid. I can't wait to get started on it now. WOOOOT

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

:D :D  Yup Steve I have watched it too. And it doesn't happen for me.  Once in a blue moon  it will pop up..  LOL :D

Blooby

Billy Gibbons is the master, and Zack Wylde has made a career out of chirping.

The Reverend 48

Quote from: Blooby on December 05, 2009, 04:23:30 AMBilly Gibbons is the master, and Zack Wylde has made a career out of chirping.

Our very own Tafka (TJ) ain't too shabby either ;)