A few experiments

Started by Blooby, June 26, 2008, 08:20:06 PM

Blooby

Amajor
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Several experiments occurred during this recording of this tune (called "One"). I wanted to cut and paste using the BR. I wanted to see if I could match up a simple sequence to the tempo in the BR, using a MicroKorg. I also just got the Boss octave pedal. The bass tones were from this and a cheesy Squier Strat through the Micro BR JC-120 setting sans delay. I also used a Pocket Pod (a fun device) for the first time for the lead guitar in the first mp3.

I know it's repetitive (after all, it was cut and pasted), but like I said in an earlier post, sometimes I just want to play as I find it cathartic. Total elapsed time for creation was about an hour, so please don't expect "The Gates of Delirium." I had to squash it quite a bit MP3-wise for this post, so it's distorting unfortunately.

Finally, I just wanted to say one more time how pleasant this community seems...no egos, everybody supportive, a common interest, and a high degree of talent. Thanks again to all who contribute.

Peace.

Blooby

Blooby

Backing in A Major
Time:
0:00
Volume:

This is the backing track if anybody wants to noodle over it.

Peace.

Blooby

Pedro

Pretty interesting sounds, Blooby. I like the atmosphere (that digital sounding arpeggio gets me everytime) of the repeating sequence. In fact, it makes a pretty good repeating sample. The soloing is good, nice dynamics and tone. The lead guitar could probably be a little bit louder. That bass is a guitar played through an Octave pedal? Sounds like a bass.  :D

In my speakers the overall mix have too much low end, I think it is related to the way the Octave pedal works on the guitar or something.
Overall it's a good work, keep it up and thanks for sharing this and the backing track.  :)

PhilFromIT

I think this song stands very well on it's own. Nice job man.

What kind of synth did you use for the background?

-Phil

Blooby

The synth was a MicroKorg vocoder/synthesizer.  It has all the cheesy synth sounds you could want (Dr. Who, Quadrophenia-era Who, Styx, Head East, etc.)  You can dial in the tempo of the arpeggio, which is how I synched it without midi.  I believe it only has three voices, though, meaning three-note chords are the limit.  I use it more for atmosphere and single-note stuff, so that hasn't been an issue for me.

Peace.

Blooby

Quote from: PhilFromIT on July 03, 2008, 10:13:44 AMI think this song stands very well on it's own. Nice job man.

What kind of synth did you use for the background?

-Phil

PhilFromIT

Quote from: Blooby on July 03, 2008, 12:57:53 PMThanks for posting.  The synth was a MicroKorg vocoder/synthesizer.  It wasn't over-the-top expensive, and it has all the cheesy synth sounds you could want (Dr. Who, Quadrophenia-era Who, Styx, Head East, etc.)  You can dial in the tempo of the arpeggio, which is how I synched it without midi.  I believe it only has three voices, though, meaning three-note chords are the limit. 

Thanks for the info Blooby, that looks like a neat little unit.

-Phil

Bluesberry

This is a sweet sweet jam Blooby.  The classic synth sound and the thick guitar over top sounds really good.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Prive

I'm hearing Mr. Higgins opening the door... I'll give it a try, a 192kbps version will be welcome at priverecords@hotmail.com
Very good work Blooby, nice atmosphere.
Music, music and three times music!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

tafka

Wow i'm hooked. love this. downloaded the backer too
great stuff

TJ.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Satchwood

This sounds great Blooby !!!  Nice composition - syth fx - and jammin jammin guitar grooves that hit the spot !!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)