"In Between" - My first post in ages

Started by joseph, December 04, 2009, 01:27:11 AM

joseph

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Hey guys, it's been quite a long time since I've posted anything. I haven't recorded anything solid in a long time (not that I ever have, if your definition of "solid" is anything like mine :P), until tonight!

I spent the last couple hours jamming away on my MIDI keyboard (just purchased a few months ago) in Reason, and liked what I came up with so I thought I'd try and play guitar over it with my BR. The result? Well my keyboard playing is sloppy, the beat is literally just a repeating kick drum, and the guitar is simple as always, but I kind of like how it sounds. It's a start at least, not that I've ever "finished" a song, no matter how incomplete.

I called it "In Between" for some reason.

http://www.divshare.com/download/9604524-6bb

(it can be streamed or downloaded via the above link)
http://unstableau.tumblr.com - my blog: music, writings, doodles, etc

Geir

Love the vibe of this !!!  Cool playing and you paint a beautiful picture with your atmospheric music here !!!

Great work !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

wow this is very hypnotic keeps your attention through to the end thenyou want it to start all over.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Indeed, this is a great soundscape and builds nicely - the keys and guitar layers are working very well here. Definitely worth further development, perhaps some gentle lead lines gradually weaving into it?

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

henwrench

yep, i'm liking this one a lot. but then i was always a sucker for this sort of thing. yea, maybe if it needed something just a simple 3 to 5 note counter-melody descending away in the background, moog-ish. really liked that one....
                                            henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Nice piece of work. It has a very retro feel and makes you stop and listen.

It would be great to build this into a 20 minute journey.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

henwrench

The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

I agree with all they have said great soundscape!!  It does grab ones attention!

danieldesete

Very catchy tune. a pro job, well done Joseph
hou hou ha ha

danieldesete

I couldn't stop listening this till I figured what it was remembering me of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8oePo9p8rg

the music in that cartoon was very good - I loved everything in that cartoon actually

I don't know if this was played in your foreign lands  ;D
hou hou ha ha