Guitar>Space Echo Tape delay>Vintage tube amps in stereo>BR-600 mics = new song

Started by begacjj, December 01, 2009, 05:05:55 PM

begacjj

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Hello,

I thought I would post my latest jam.  This was a real fun time, had the house to myself for the first time in a while and decided I would go all out.   I recently acquired a Roland Chorus Space Echo and decided I would take this opportunity to run my guitar in stereo through my Supro Thunderbolt and Silvertone 1474.  No other effects besides the space echo which has delay/reverb/chorus.  Overdrive/distortion from playing the amps on 10 and overloading the space echo.  The guitar was recorded using the excellent on board mics of the BR-600.  I then went back and put a drum track down, I used a zoom drum machine and just did a little improv thing just tapping out the beats with my fingers on the little pads and fed that through the space echo and then into the line in of the BR-600.  Not a real drummer so some of the drums aren't that tight. 

I wish I could use the BR-600 drums but I don't think it is possible to run them through external effects and then back into the BR-600?  Anyways comments are always welcome.  This is kind of an experimental drone type slow and heavy music so it won't be everybody's cup of tea.  You can hear the song at www.myspace.com/echosofinfiniti  It is the first song "Kingdom in my Head"  all of the other songs on there were recorded with the BR-600.

Wiley

I can see where you come up with your name!!!! This is very interesting.  A hautning quality!!  Nice work!!.

BarrettR

Hey Chris-- Amazing sounds! The drums are very effective, I thought it was a kit. But I mean also they work really well in the piece. That would be really fun to play drums to.

Superior amplification! Sounds huge.

Hope you will put something up in the collab section, I'd be into it.

Best regards,
Barry

begacjj

Hey thanks Wiley I really appreciate your feedback!  Yes, the name of my band definitely reflects my deep love affair with delay/echo.

Thanks Barry, I am very happy with how this one turned out which is usually not the case.  Running the drums through the space echo really helps.  I would love to put some stuff in the collab section.  What kind of backing tracks are people looking for?  I have tons of guitar stuff like what I just posted with no drums or synth and I also have tons of spacey synth stuff, some of which has drums but no guitar.  The problem is most of my jams are pretty long and I usually don't take the time to cut the songs into pieces and mix them so a lot of the tracks I have are pretty raw but I think they would work if somebody wants to take the time to add some other sounds to them etc.

BarrettR

I like to start with something that is kind of amorphous-- doesn't nail things down too much.  But the drum things would be fun too, so I'll just look forward to just whatever (and whenever) you can post.

If file size is a problem there's always 4shared or even e-mail.

begacjj

Ok BarrettR, I signed up for a 4shared account and will upload some stuff.  Do you prefer WAV or mp3?  If mp3 do you have a bitrate that you recommend?  I got one synth track that is just synth and no drums that has a lot of room to expand on.  I think I have it chopped down to about 10 minutes but feel free to shorten it if needed.  10 minutes for me is a short song :)

begacjj

Hey BarrettR or anybody else that is interested I posted a dark/spacey synth track in the Collab section.  You can find the post here:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=5282.0

BarrettR

Hey Chris, I'm downloading this and hope to have some time this weekend to play with it.

Mp3 is fine, I have to convert it to aif or wav but it's not a problem.

begacjj

Hey BarrettR - I posted another collab song.  See https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=5284.0  this one probably has more room for guitar than the other but it does have a drum track which I ran through my space echo.  It is a pattern so I didn't play it by hand.