BR-600, BR-900, BR-1200, BR-1600 Post your work threads are open for business

Started by Bluesberry, November 29, 2009, 08:02:53 AM

Bluesberry

Pigfarmer posted this comment on the Yulefest thread, and I posted this response,  I thought I would start a new thread with the same comments to get folks thinking about the other Post Your Work threads a bit.  Ok, here was my rant:

Quote from: Pigfarmer Jr on November 29, 2009, 07:39:30 AMI never go to the other BR threads unless someone reminds me or posts about another song. It's just a little cumbersome and unfriendly user-wise to have all the songs separated by recorder. Although I see the reasoning, it just doesn't feel natural to me.
That is unfortunately a common thing on here, there are some really dynamite songs posted in the BR-600, BR-900, BR-1200, BR-1600 but only a handful of folks on here venture on down to check out our hard work "down there".  I personally find it very frustrating at times and have even resorted to sending out PMs to some people to remind them to come on down and have a listen when I post a new song "down there".  I feel kinda shitty having to send these PMs out but it feels like I won't get any listens on my stuff "down there" unless I do that.  Here is my sugestion for today.  

Everybody who reads this post take 15 minutes out of your day today, pick a thread that you haven't visited in a while, either BR-600, BR-900, BR-1200, BR-1600, and give a few songs a listen, leave a comment.  It may surprise you at some of the truly fine songs lingering in relative obscurity "down there".  OK rant over, thank you Pigfarmer, your post is right on the money for how 80% of the folks on here check out the music on this site.  It is a real big pet peeve of mine.  Now then, back to music.  Let the Yulefest continue.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

Although I have no business talking right now due to my recent scarcity, I have a tendency to click the "Show unread posts since last visit" link at the top of the page.  It can be a bear if you don't log in regularly, but as least it exposes you to all the forums.  Just a thought.

Also, for the folks outside of the Micro-BR forum, I suggest adding a link to your latest tune (see below) in your signature.  Somebody recommended that to me a while back, and it seems to make sense on some level.

Finally, I'd like to take this opportunity to say that Jessica Biel still hasn't responded to any of my correspondence, not even the hired blimp above her residence. The nerve.

Blooby

Wiley

Hey Guys!  I understand your frustrations.   But I for one do my best to get to all the posts of all the recorders. It does get time consuming, I wouldn't miss you guys music for the world!!

Mach

Hi Guys,

I see you fellas are all 'Hero Members' and have been here a long time. I joined about a year ago but I'm still a newbie. I understand the frustration of this minor dilemma also as I, for the past couple of weeks, have been trying to navigate through the threads and figure out the functions of posting MP3's. The only song I posted a year ago was an upload to the site and now the upload function is disabled. Which is fine as we have the capability to stream from another host.

Just a suggestion: As far as the posting of Music so they are all under one header, how about a simple Music Forum where all songs are placed.

ex:

Music Forum

Music
Collaborations
Backing Tracks
Festivals

etc.....

When an MP3 links is placed in the Music section just tag  something in the Subject text like:

Subject: Song name - Micro BR

This way you can see all the songs by title and the recorder under one hood.

Once again, I know I'm a newb and I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but it's just a suggestion.

Cheers,

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

Dave I am now coming round to your way of thinking ;)
When this was last discussed we had just had an influx of what I would call semi pros and I was concerned that the less able BRers would feel left out....however my fears were groundless so I am now firmly in favour of one post your MP3 thread as long as we state Song Title, which BR and whether it's a Cover Backer or Original........
If you agree with Dave (Bluesberry) mach and I please post below and we will see if we can talk Pedro into it!...........

Also the sections other than the MBR thread get not only less views but far less Responses per view(%)
I am as guilty as everybody else by the time I have trawled thro the MBR section to see what's current I run out of time
Lets redress the balance

64Guitars

Quote from: 48 on November 30, 2009, 06:28:45 AMWhen this was last discussed we had just had an influx of what I would call semi pros and I was concerned that the less able BRers would feel left out....however my fears were groundless so I am now firmly in favour of one post your MP3 thread as long as we state Song Title, which BR and whether it's a Cover Backer or Original........
If you agree with Dave (Bluesberry) mach and I please post below and we will see if we can talk Pedro into it!...........

I firmly believe that a single "Post your MP3" board would be best and have said so many times before. But it's Pedro's decision to make.

I think the discussion boards should be combined too, which I've also said before.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

T.C. Elliott

I agree... I think that was the point of my original post in fact... only without the helpful suggestion to solve the problem. Obviously what we have is much better than nothing. But it would be nice to be able to support songwriting and recording regardless of which BR or recorder we use. This suggestion would help that I think.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Pine

You can add me to this lsit. Seems the old timers here and core supporters are all in favor...add 64 to that and it would appear unanimous...except for Pedro of course. I also liked Mach's layout ideas. It would seem easier to navigate and interact. I have had alot of outside world activity lately and have had minimal time online. I try to be supportive here but always feel as though i have come up short given the support shown me by the great folks here. I think this would allow me to get in more reviews in less time. It'd be a great New Year's present...out with the old, in with the new.
Smarter, faster, easier.
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Geir

I do see your point good friends, but there is one problem. The mbr-board alone now has so much traffic that new songs may be on page two after only hours and thus not seen at all by many. Combining all the board will make that even worse.

There is of course the option to use other criteria than recorder-type, (originals/covers/instrumentals -----) we've had the discussion before and the only thing new now is the number of users I think ...but that may be a good enough reason to bring the discussion to life again.  ...

I'll stay here anyway, and it won't matter much to me whatever is decided as I usually use the "Show unread posts since last visit" link.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Wiley

You are right there Geir,  things do disappear pretty fast the way it is!! Miss a few days and it's very hard to catch up. And yup I'm staying regardless!!