Yulefest- What Child is This

Started by BarrettR, November 28, 2009, 10:06:48 PM

BarrettR

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Oops, can't post song tonight, the Upload Song bar does not appear, just instructions for "How to upload MP3 songs" which I am too tired to negotiate. I'll try again tomorrow.

Could this be a browser issue? I'm running Camino 2.0 on a Mac with Tiger 10.4. The 2.0 update is new, that's why I'm wondering.

SharksDontSleep

Hi Ya;
I don't think this is anything you're doing wrong. I had the same yesterday when I posted my song. I'm not sure the forum is allowing upload any more, perhaps it was a space issue.
I got round it by linking to Soundclick (www.soundclick.com). It's a free sign-up & allows you upload as many mp3's as you like. Free subscription allows a maximum bitrate of 128Kbps, although that's normally good enough to get your song heard.

Good Luck

BarrettR

Thanks, GingerJack. I think I will just upload to my ReverbNation page and post a link later today. I hope.

OPTICAL REJECTS rocks!

BarrettR

Well, that was easy. Here it is:
http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/2063790

Time:
0:00
Volume:

Wiley

Great job on a Christmas Classic!! Tastefully done!!

Bluesberry

Very nice.  Sounds very good, puts me right into a smooth zone listening to this.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

fenderbender

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

SharksDontSleep

Nice. makes me want to sit back with a mince pie and a large glass of sherry. Sainsbury's Taste The Difference, not Croft Original, which always smells of garlic once opened & left in the fridge.  >:(

Sorry I digress.

This song gives off a really smooth vibe. Did you do the drums yourself? If so, well done, not an easy thing to record. If not ... hey ... you fooled me. ;)

Good Job  8)

BarrettR

The song is a working recording for my church band.  I played drums on the first session with a keyboardist and acoustic guitar player (BR-600, one mic in middle of room), then they went home and I did the bass and the 2 electric guitars... dumped the tracks into the computer, did a quick mix-down in GarageBand, e-mailed the results to the band. We use these recordings to work out the arrangement. It is rough of course, we will be ironing things out with a full band before Christmas.

Thanks for the nice comments! constructive crit. is also welcome and might find its way into the performance, so fire away!

Right, Sainbury's. I would have bought the other one no doubt! Don't remember seeing either of those in our stores, actually :-\

The Reverend 48

I loved it when the lead came in
excellent vibe all round
Very well arranged