Pirate Songs

Started by henwrench, November 25, 2009, 06:09:21 PM

danieldesete

Quote from: oldrottenhead on November 26, 2009, 11:16:36 AMhere is one i did earlier
You'r really terrifying on this one ORH !!
hou hou ha ha

cuthbert

Here's one of my favorite pirate songs, featuring Mr. George Harrison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ACyZIXkHq0
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Greeny

I still remember Adam and the Ants doing 'Jolly Roger' on Kings of the Wild Frontier in 1980 / 81. That was a good pirate song. Well, it was when I was 13, lol.

henwrench

one for all you collab fans, find me on the collab board
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

Quote from: Greeny on November 28, 2009, 02:46:19 AMI still remember Adam and the Ants doing 'Jolly Roger' on Kings of the Wild Frontier in 1980 / 81. That was a good pirate song. Well, it was when I was 13, lol.

So do I, that was a good sing-a-long song, although so was "Friggin in the Riggin", but you couldn't sing that in front of your Mum and Dad!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: andrewh on November 30, 2009, 10:02:48 AMSo do I, that was a good sing-a-long song, although so was "Friggin in the Riggin", but you couldn't sing that in front of your Mum and Dad!!

Originally called "Good Ship Venus", I like Loudon Wainwright III's version from the compilation album "Rogue's Gallery: Pirate Ballads, Sea Songs, and Chanteys"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLotX3HE-4c

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Tangled Wires

I have never heard this version before 64, and its funny to hear someone else singing those lyrics.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

henwrench

Quote from: 64Guitars on November 30, 2009, 12:52:56 PMI like Loudon Wainwright III's version from the compilation album "Rogue's Gallery: Pirate Ballads, Sea Songs, and Chanteys"...

this is a truly stunning album, 64. thats why i keep banging on about pirate songs and the possibility of us here doing our own 'Rouges Gallery'
                                    henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

not heard loudon wainwright for years, his kids are doing alright too
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann