My Chunky Contribution

Started by Blooby, June 23, 2008, 08:45:40 PM

Blooby

RapHateTest
Time:
0:00
Volume:

I was staying at my brother's place in Atlanta, and while he was at work, I wrote something purposefully heavy (and apparently self-indulgent).  This is quite a departure for me.  Actually, "wrote" implies too much thought.

The half-time section still cracks me up.  If only I could bellow incoherent grunts without endangering my groin.

Enjoy (or not).  It's all in fun.

Blooby

galestermusic

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::)

I QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-*

galestermusic

That is good stuff! I was just starting to enjoy the bass! I forgot how to work a wah pedal. Great post man! LMAO still (sigh) (shaking myhead while I have this blaring in my ear)

Good job ;D

guitarron

here's to a healthy dose of self-indulgence and a little extra noodles on the side
thumbs up
welcome to the forum btw
Ron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Farmjazz

Blooby's having fun in Atlanta. I'm sure Buckethead would approve. Aren't the on-board effects amazing? Keep 'em coming, Blooby! Also, get some of those chops into other posts as well.
QuoteThis is quite a departure for me.

What other kind of stuff do you like to play? I have some psycho-bluegrass material that could stand an over-the-top shredding treatment.

galestermusic

:D A new term??? Psyco-Bluegrass LMAO!!!!

Blooby

Thank you for your comments.

To respond to the question, I listen to and try to play all sorts of music...often quite unsuccessfully.  Lots of classic rock, prog rock, some blues, jazz, fusion.  Guitar-wise, I like Warren Haynes, Steve Kimock, John McLaughlin, Robben Ford, Beck, Page, Hendrix, Michael Landau, Michael Hedges, Don Ross, Wayne Krantz, Jimmy Herring, Carl Verheyen, Eric Johnson, and a host of others that don't spring to mind.  Notice the lack of metal.  That's why I said the tune was a departure for me.  To be fair, though, I do listen to Ty Tabor of King's X, Vai, Satriani, and some other predominantly instrumental guitarists who lean toward the heavier side.

Because of time constraints (I am an assistant principal at a middle school), I generally find myself building something repetetive and/or atmospheric to jam over.  I would rather play than write, merely because I find playing cathartic and writing akin to torture.

Just an FYI to all, I have had good luck with the cheapo Boss octave pedal for bass tones (even with a cheapo Squier Strat I leave on a stand).  I use the JC-120 patch and remove the delay.  I don't think I used that for the current mp3, though.  I went for the Boss because it will operate just on batteries if you so choose.

This seems like a great community.  Thanks for the welcome.

Peace.

Blooby

Satchwood

This is great Blooby - loved listening this!!! I can see you doing you best Vai impersonation while rippin thru this :)  You can just about play everything and anything - so many styles and flavors !!!  Great job!!!  I'm impressed !!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

SteveG

Nice piece of shred to brighten up my evening. One hell of a bump too :)

OsCKilO

What is that....?

150bpm !??!?!?! (For the most of it....)

You really are awesome!

F*cking hell Blooby!?!?!?!?

This is great!

This needs someone to sing on it!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy