Pipeline

Started by Farmjazz, June 23, 2008, 07:45:50 AM

Farmjazz

Okay, after looking at the links on your last post, I determined that, except for the pickup models, mine is a 440S II. The warranty indicates  that it is a 430S2WH. It is stamped 440S II on the back of the headstock. I should have looked there in the first place. Boy, do I feel like an idiot.

It still seems like a 'tweener, though, with the white color, black barrel style knobs, and V2/S1/S1 pickup configuration.

Any way you slice it, this rig is tops!

Nice work, 64Guitars. You really know how to smoke 'em out!

guitarron

Man those things are solid as a rock- wasnt that the model gibson tried to sue them over about 30 yrs ago for "patent Infringment"?
or was that the RD Artist?
Ron

Quote from: Blooby on June 25, 2008, 09:10:08 AMI have an old Artist AR 300 that has coil taps.  It's comical how muddy the pick-ups are but great for warm jazz tones.  Maybe I'll break it out one of these days as it's been locked away for a while.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Quote from: Farmjazz on June 29, 2008, 09:14:33 AMOkay, after looking at the links on your last post, I determined that, except for the pickup models, mine is a 440S II. It is stamped 440S II on the back of the headstock.

It still seems like a 'tweener, though, with the white color, black barrel style knobs, and V2/S1/S1 pickup configuration.

But it's not a 'tweener. It's a 1990 440S II WH. Take a look at the description for the 440S II BK (the BlacK one) on this page:

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/expansion.php?cat_id=184&now=7

It says the pickup configuration is one V2 and two S1s (same as yours) and the available colors are BlacK, WHite and ReD (440S II BK, 440S II WH, 440S II RD). And, although it doesn't say so, I think it's reasonable to assume that the pickups and controls are black on the 440S II WH, as they are on the 450SWH pictured at the top.

All of the features you described match with the features of the 440S II WH in the 1990 Ibanez catalog. So, I think it's pretty obvious that you have a standard 1990 440S II WH. The only thing that's a bit puzzling is why it's only listed in the European catalog and not the American one, yet you bought it in California. Weird.  ???

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Blooby

Quote from: guitarron on June 29, 2008, 09:48:03 AMMan those things are solid as a rock- wasnt that the model gibson tried to sue them over about 30 yrs ago for "patent Infringment"?
or was that the RD Artist?
Ron

To the best of my knowledge, the Artist was one of their first post-lawsuit models.  Their big infringement axe was their own "Les Paul."  Even after the lawsuit, they merely modified the headstock of the Les Paul a tad.  All this being said, the Artist looks like a double cutaway Paul.

Blooby

Gerry L

I love this arrangement - the variety of guitar sounds is perfect! So can I ask a totally noob question about how you did it?

When you record a guitar part like the rhythm guitar that basically repeats over and over, do you literally play the part for all 4 minutes, or do you nail it for a couple of measures and copy/paste?

Farmjazz

I PLAY IT, over and over again. With the same enthusiasm OVER and OVER again.

Musicianship is part art and part endurance. Especially when it comes to bass playing - although rhythm guitar too. Play the rhythm figure with fresh feeling OVER and OVER again. This, among other things, separates the men from the boys, so-to-speak, in music.

Call me a hard ass, if you will, but you can't deny the importance of discipline in real musicianship in today's world. Stop watching TV and spend the time with your instrument. You'll be glad you did in the long run.

galestermusic

I played the bass line through out. Like I said, it was a busy song. I'm not a bass player, but I had a blast playing this.s

I did a cove of hurt where I used copy and paste as a frame work, and then played with it and over it.

I did a red house cover where I did use copy and paste for the bass line. Red house was my very first song using MBR.

Greg

Farmjazz

This thread is becoming too discumbobulated. It started out as a post of an old surf tune. "Look what they've done to my song, ma"

> 64Guitars: Go figure. Someone must have thrown it onto the wrong truck. My 440S II WH should belong to some guy in Europe. Maybe he's got an American model. I couldn't be happier.

> Gerry: Keep working at it. All good things take time. It also helps to relax. I find that, when the red recording light goes on, most musicians tense up - me included. The best playing, and therefore takes, are done while being relaxed.

> Everyone: The fires are still raging all over N California, but my immediate situation has improved. The smoke is real bad, but also improving. I hate smoky summers like this.

guitarron

Blooby-
That's the one-I freakin' love that guitar-you could stop a bullet with that thing

Sorry FJ
Quote from: Farmjazz on June 30, 2008, 07:22:55 AMThis thread is becoming too discumbobulated. It started out as a post of an old surf tune. "Look what they've done to my song, ma"

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

Took a while to find this tune, and now that I have, I just had to give it a bump. 

Crazy good.

Blooby