YuleFest

Started by 64Guitars, November 22, 2009, 09:41:53 PM

64Guitars

YuleFest (banner image missing)

YuleFest
starts today!

Christmas is just around the corner, so start posting your Christmas recordings. Traditional Christmas songs, wacky covers, and originals are all welcome.

I've created a YuleFest Jukebox & Song Index page which I'll maintain as new songs are posted. It currently contains seven previously-posted Christmas songs. Check it out. Then start planning to record your own Christmas songs.

Please put the word "YuleFest" in the subject of your message when posting your YuleFest songs.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Greeny

Great idea! I think I'll do a bit of Lennon's 'War is Over', but I'll be able to ditch Yoko for my version, lol.

Wiley

This ought to  be fun!! You've already made me laugh 3 times today!!  And the juke box player looks great!!
PJ

T.C. Elliott

I wrote and demoed a song for Yuletunings erm Yulefest this morning.

A Guitar for Christmas
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Mach

This is one I wrote and recorded a while back.

I recorded all the Guitars, Bass & Vocals through my J-Station on the PC before I had my Micro BR. I programmed the drums via midi in Sonar and played the organ parts with my midi controller through Native Instruments. Hope ya enjoy!

Happy Holidays to all.

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=5206.0
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mach

I'm not sure if I put the link in the right place.

Sorry 'bout that ...64 do you need to move it to the right section?

OK, moved it.
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: Mach on November 26, 2009, 10:52:05 AMI'm not sure if I put the link in the right place.

Sorry 'bout that ...64 do you need to move it to the right section?

You should post it in the appropriate "Post your MP3" board so that it has its own topic for others to comment in. I'd move it for you but I don't know which BR you used. If you didn't use a BR, then post it in Other recorders - Post your work. Don't forget to include "YuleFest" in the subject.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

T.C. Elliott

This isn't the right thread for this comment and I don't wanna take away from the great job done here, I really enjoy the site... but...

Isn't there possibly a way to load an mp3 and have a required tag on the the recorder.... and then put them all in one heading. I never go to the other BR threads unless someone reminds me or posts about another song. It's just a little cumbersome and unfriendly user-wise to have all the songs separated by recorder. Although I see the reasoning, it just doesn't feel natural to me.

okay back to our regularly scheduled yule festivities.
We need more holiday hu.. erm seasonal songs.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Bluesberry

Quote from: Pigfarmer Jr on November 29, 2009, 07:39:30 AMI never go to the other BR threads unless someone reminds me or posts about another song. It's just a little cumbersome and unfriendly user-wise to have all the songs separated by recorder. Although I see the reasoning, it just doesn't feel natural to me.
That is unfortunately a common thing on here, there are some really dynamite songs posted in the BR-600, BR-900, BR-1200, BR-1600 but only a handful of folks on here venture on down to check out our hard work "down there".  I personally find it very frustrating at times and have even resorted to sending out PMs to some people to remind them to come on down and have a listen when I post a new song "down there".  I feel kinda shitty having to send these PMs out but it feels like I won't get any listens on my stuff "down there" unless I do that.  Here is my sugestion for today.  

Everybody who reads this post take 15 minutes out of your day today, pick a thread that you haven't visited in a while, either BR-600, BR-900, BR-1200, BR-1600, and give a few songs a listen, leave a comment.  It may surprise you at some of the truly fine songs lingering in relative obscurity "down there".  OK rant over, thank you Pigfarmer, your post is right on the money for how 80% of the folks on here check out the music on this site.  It is a real big pet peeve of mine.  Now then, back to music.  Let the Yulefest continue.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

T.C. Elliott

That's one of the great things about the fests and stuff... there is a thread and a listing so everyone can see what is going on without filtering through three navigation points.

So let us do more festses.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper