Going Crazy

Started by tazzy, November 21, 2009, 08:31:00 PM

tazzy

Heads up 48...I've trotted off another e to ya...hopefully not blank. Took forever to attach, but sent very fast...so I'm not holding my breath. It plays fine here, so I'm hoping it will play for you also. This is just too much trouble...maybe the next one will go better. :) tazzy

The Reverend 48

Good News.........It's arrived and I can hear sweet blues  8)
it's stll very quiet but its come a long way ;D
I'll go through it properly tomorrow
lesson 2 to follow you can't escape now ;)

tazzy

Yes!!!! Victory at last. Now can I apply what I have learned until the next time I send something to you. The link you sent for converting WAV to MP3 worked well.

Still no luck with the Lame file that is supposed to make audacity convert files. Went through it several times...following every detail to the letter and it wouldn't recognize the file.

Audacity worked great for the recording end of this journey. Need to turn the gain up, I think, to get more volume into the recording. Will practice that while I'm waiting for my "grade".

Thanks all for the suggestions and support. And PJ...I wish.

tazzy

64Guitars

Quote from: tazzy on November 22, 2009, 02:56:11 PMStill no luck with the Lame file that is supposed to make audacity convert files. Went through it several times...following every detail to the letter and it wouldn't recognize the file.

Which version of Audacity are you using? Click "About Audacity" in the Help menu to find out.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

The Reverend 48

As Tazzy was struggling I thought I'd share her first lesson with you :D
Basically all I have done is uped the gain
Bearing in mind she doesn't have a BR (yet ;))
the quality is great
as is the guitar
The lesson was to play the blues scale in phrases over the backer
An excellent start Tazzy Well Done! 8) 8)

Time:
0:00
Volume:

As she is on dial up I have left her lesson 2 in a file with box net.....
I'm not clever enough to know if it will be quicker/better for her to upload
but we will see.........

tazzy

Thanks 48...I wish I could meet you in person to thank you. Where were you years ago when I was learning to play? Thanks to PJ for the words of encouragement and the use of her pocket pod...put the MP3 w/backer through it, my headphones through it and my guitar and then hooked the whole thing to my computer. Worked great...except for the lack of volume. Was plenty loud in my headphones...but should've checked the recording volume. Thanks again...tazzy  8)

Wiley

;D ;D ;D Hey Tazzy you must have impressed Mike!!  You are the only one who's first lesson he ever posted!!  Yaa hooo!!!!!    You go girl!!!!!

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO

Bluesberry

What a fine touch here!!!  This is really beautiful sounding.  A superstar in the making.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

tazzy

Quote from: wiley on November 23, 2009, 07:14:07 AM;D ;D ;D Hey Tazzy you must have impressed Mike!!  You are the only one who's first lesson he ever posted!!  Yaa hooo!!!!!    You go girl!!!!!

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO

:o

Tony W

First lesson, and you're already beyond my capabilities Tazzy! Job well done! Very clear crisp playing with excellent phrasing considering you're running just the minor scale.

Audacity problem-- how to fix it

Download this and install it:

http://lame.buanzo.com.ar/Lame_v3.98.2_for_Audacity_on_Windows.exe

accept the default configuration on that installation.

When the installation is finished, you'll see box that says:

Audacity needs the file lame_enc.dll to create MP3s.

This is where you need to browse to

C:\Program Files\Lame for Audacity\lame_enc.dll

once you have that in the text box, click ok

The MP3 encoder will start running.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR