Significant price drop BR recorders

Started by SdC, November 20, 2009, 02:47:14 AM

SdC

Over here in the Netherlands this week, every shop has discounted the BR recorders significantly (20% on the Micro to 40% on the 1600). This may be an indication that the current versions are reaching end-of-life. Hopefully new gear is on the horizon...

recorder
Boss BR-600

OsCKilO

I couldn't even afford 40% off at the moment...... Lol

But a BR1600 is soooooo Tempting!!!!

Can't seem to find the same promotion in the U.K though...

ORH.....  You should get yourself up to the Netherlands and get some recording gear to replace your MBR!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

SdC

Quote from: osckilo on November 20, 2009, 05:20:42 AMI couldn't even afford 40% off at the moment...... Lol

But a BR1600 is soooooo Tempting!!!!

Can't seem to find the same promotion in the U.K though...

ORH.....  You should get yourself up to the Netherlands and get some recording gear to replace your MBR!!!!
I'm looking at the 1600 for sure...

and ORH: Single malt is cheaper here then in the UK as well, LOL

recorder
Boss BR-600

Oldrottenhead

i think i might immigrate there then lol
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SdC

There are multiple advantages.... exept having a bunch of religious zealots led by a Harry Potter governing the country.
But we do have a bagpiper (in full kilt/gear) on the Dam square in Amsterdam every day!

The MBR is now retailing for 169 Euro by the way.

recorder
Boss BR-600

Oldrottenhead

i can get one here for £139 but hopefully get mine fixed.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SteveB

Quote from: SdC on November 20, 2009, 02:47:14 AMThis may be an indication that the current versions are reaching end-of-life. Hopefully new gear is on the horizon...

SdC et al - All sounds very tempting, but I honestly wouldn't bank on anything soon. I have a friend who works in the Music Retail industry and gets to visit the big music-gear promo shows and also gets advance info on up-coming products, and when I last spoke to him a couple of weeks ago he said once again that there doesn't seem to be anything recording-wise in the pipeline from Roland/Boss. And as has been mooted previously, just what else can be added, esp to the larger versions?
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

SdC

Quote from: SteveB on November 20, 2009, 07:07:41 AM
Quote from: SdC on November 20, 2009, 02:47:14 AMThis may be an indication that the current versions are reaching end-of-life. Hopefully new gear is on the horizon...

SdC et al - All sounds very tempting, but I honestly wouldn't bank on anything soon. I have a friend who works in the Music Retail industry and gets to visit the big music-gear promo shows and also gets advance info on up-coming products, and when I last spoke to him a couple of weeks ago he said once again that there doesn't seem to be anything recording-wise in the pipeline from Roland/Boss. And as has been mooted previously, just what else can be added, esp to the larger versions?

I'm quite happy with the pricedrop in itself.
Thinking of what to add; I could think of plenty:
  • Instant looping
  • MIDI (sync) on all models
  • USB 2(or 3) Audio Interface like the Zoom 16 tracker has
  • Better storage options (i mean: 1GB SD or CF; what were they thinking???)
  • New generation COSM fx
Just off the top of my head...

recorder
Boss BR-600

OsCKilO

I'd Love a Looper........

Oh Man....

I'd love a Looper.....

Do you Know what I'd Love.....

A Looper...

(I hope my wife reads this....)

Open Mic Would never be the same.....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Greeny

A looper... now, that really would be something! Maybe if we all beg / whine hard enough they'll add one, lol.