Mobile Cube

Started by Mr. Scar, June 21, 2008, 08:39:06 PM

tkofaith

Quote from: 64Guitars on February 05, 2009, 08:46:15 PMI'm not sure about lithium batteries. From what I've read, they deliver 1.5 volts. So there must be some other reason that Roland doesn't recommend them.

Of course there is!  Roland has a contract with the major alkaline battery manufacturers!  No, but seriously, I would guess they recommend the alkalines to frustrate the users into purchasing their AC adapter. ;)
Cheers!

Tim

"Music survives everything, and like God, it is always present.
It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance.  It has always found
me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will."
--Eric Clapton

Mr. Scar

It's a shame. Having to continuously buy batteries really upsets the practical and economic value of the unit. Also seems overly wasteful. I guess Roland is not buying into the green thing. Shame.

tkofaith

Quote from: Mr. Scar on February 06, 2009, 11:12:46 AMIt's a shame. Having to continuously buy batteries really upsets the practical and economic value of the unit. Also seems overly wasteful. I guess Roland is not buying into the green thing. Shame.

True.  I use the rechargeable NiMH's and they work great.  I never even put in the alkalines that came with it.
Cheers!

Tim

"Music survives everything, and like God, it is always present.
It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance.  It has always found
me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will."
--Eric Clapton

3guitarsEddy

I bought the Micro cube last year to use in the awning of our caravan but then I found it delivers a quite a noisy punch in a small area.  Its great for jamming when I'm on holiday.

Keep on strumming

Eddy.

Mr. Scar

Just a quick update on the mobile cube.

After a few weeks with the thing, my biggest impression so far is the reverb, absolutely gorgeous.  On the clean channel, playing arpeggios for practice...it's almost mystical, lol...like there are angels flying around. Beautiful stuff.

Haven't even begun to explore the stereo chorus or the other channels. I'm dying to plug a keyboard in but I don't have one. Looking for something small and cheap, with built in sounds...if you know of one...