Mobile Cube

Started by Mr. Scar, June 21, 2008, 08:39:06 PM

Mr. Scar

I think this is a perfect match with our beloved Micro BR. Anyone have one?

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=957&ParentId=72

guitarron

i considered one awhile back-looks like a good fit-a bit pricey tho-still using a small boombox when mobile(or headphones)

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveG

This was posted at Guitarblast a while back, all guitars a miked up 2w Microcube. Very, very tempting, especially as my Marshall 15w is dying!

http://www.guitarblast.com/showthread.php?t=9315

Scroll down the page for the MP3 link.

Mr. Scar

I bought one.....really, really nice box. Except it won't come out of chorus mode, they say I gotta ship it to California for a repair. Sucks...

beleg

I have the micro cube, and I love it. great for a NYC apartment

guitaroscar

I have a micro cube. Two and a half watts of raw macho power.  ;D
Seriously, it is rapidly becoming my main amp.  I line it out into the PA.
This works great for we.  Don't know how it would work for a young headbanger, but I am over the days of packing up heavy guitar amps at 4am while drunks talk your ear off about their cousin/brother/sister who can play Van Halen note-for note. . . .
how nice.

In short, for my jazz gigs, and for weddings, functions, 60/40 gigs, this works fine.
For recording into the BR, it should work great.  Good sound in, good sound out.
Cheers Harry

guitarron

Quote from: Mr. Scar on November 05, 2008, 11:39:04 PMI bought one.....really, really nice box. Except it won't come out of chorus mode, they say I gotta ship it to California for a repair. Sucks...
o wow-ship it to Cal?-
I almost pulled the trigger on one yesterday at GC.
I am tempted to get the street cube-but its about twice the $.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Mr. Scar

Took a few weeks but, a replacement arrived today. Amazing how the home studio has shrunk. This set up sounds great. I bet the street cube sounds great as well.

Mr. Scar

One negative thing about the Mobile Cube...they don't recommend using anything but alkaline batteries. No lithium and no rechargeable. I wonder why? Will these other batteries do damage to the unit?  I noticed that my micro br doesn't perform well with lithium batteries.

64Guitars

Quote from: Mr. Scar on February 05, 2009, 08:08:50 PMOne negative thing about the Mobile Cube...they don't recommend using anything but alkaline batteries. No lithium and no rechargeable. I wonder why? Will these other batteries do damage to the unit?  I noticed that my micro br doesn't perform well with lithium batteries.

Rechargeable AA batteries supply a nominal voltage of 1.2 volts, while alkaline AA batteries supply 1.5 volts. Six AA alkaline batteries supply the Mobile Cube with its required 9 volts, but six rechargeables would only supply 7.2 volts. It's the same with the BR-600 which also takes six AA batteries.

I'm not sure about lithium batteries. From what I've read, they deliver 1.5 volts. So there must be some other reason that Roland doesn't recommend them.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website