FIND A WAY

Started by jackofall, November 15, 2009, 02:43:24 PM

jackofall

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Hi,

I used the basic idea from my previous posting to create this song. It's about my son and myself. The only kind of 'love song' I'll ever write about a member of my own sex!!!

Technical points: I managed to get a drum fill in the right place by switching manually as a I recorded the drum rhythm. I still can't understand how to programme the drums even though I've tried for a long time. I also triple tracked my pathetic and wavering voice to make it sound a bit beefed up - It's still not great, but it's about the best I can do! If someone else did the singing, guitar and bass, I reckon it would be a fairly okay song. I hope what the voice lacks, the emotion makes up for, which is the whole point of a song in the end...

[soundclick]8354785[/soundclick]
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Greeny

If someone else did it it wouldn't be YOUR song! There's nothing wrong here - it's emotional and lovingly written / played / put together. Your vocals are just fine... they kind of remind me of the band Lindisfarne (in a good way). A touch of harmony in there too. Very good work fella.

Tangled Wires

Sounds like an excellent vocal performance to me.

Nice melodic song with real personal lyrics.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

danieldesete

Thanks for sharing this song. I particularly liked the bridge between the two solos. Nice construction, congrats
Daniel
hou hou ha ha

Covermark

Nice melody and good performed. Keep up the good work !

Oldrottenhead

this is raw, i can feel all the emotion coming through on this, this is so real, i'm lost for words.....i know some folk will listen to this and think oh its not a great mix or whatever but fmgwabp this is what songwriting is all about. gimme a hug man.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Agree with Jim there, this is actually a big song. It's really a great melody and it builds brilliantly to a majestic chorus. Your vox sound great, you even get a bit of harmony in there which is nice. Triple tracking - nothing wrong with that, a lot of vox are double/triple tracked and heavily "treated" to beef them up.

The emoption comes through. I hope things work out for you and your son.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SteveB

JOA - Listen, I'm an expert on thin, wavering voices, and I can tell you straight, there's nothing wrong with your voice at all. In fact if I have one criticism of this song, it's not enough vocal!! However, as all the other elements of the song come together with panache, I'll overlook it this time! :)

SB
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Wiley

This it just awesome,  You did excellent!  I love the lyrics and someday your son will appreciate all that you have done and are going to do for him.  You really have your soul into this!!  How special!!

jackofall

Thanks everyone for your uplifting comments! I could do with some more technical knowledge to create a better mix. My 'bouncing' always goes wrong somehow and I end up with something that sounds one dimensional. So much of what I've heard on this forum is crystal clear, each instrument defined and bright. Not the faintest clue have I got about 'Audacity' etc that I've heard mention. Has anyone got an idiots guide? Compared to my old 'portastudio' cassette 4 track, the micro-recorder is amazing, but I know there's so much more I could get out of it after hearing the likes of Greeny, ORH and so many others. I'd love to have a one-to-one lesson in recording techniques some time.  
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...