First upload

Started by guitarlick, June 15, 2008, 03:52:05 PM

guitarlick

boss001
Time:
0:00
Volume:
As a complete novice in all respects - guitarist, Boss user etc...!  Here is my first offering.  It's all very rough and ready...I guess in all honesty a bit of a jam.  I've been very lazy, and have used just one drum sequence, to maintain the beat whilst playing.  I know that in future I should use the Arranger to vary things.  There are 3 layered guitar tracks.  I wired my Zoom G2.1u pedal into the Boss to record the final lead guitar track.

I hope to move on from this initial trial version, so any thoughts, ideas, comments, cheers, applause.......would be very welcome.

Many thanks.

SteveG

The main part drowned everything else out somewhat ... try panning them more and redo the levels, will sound better I think. Sounded ok tho, how long have you been playing? Dont sound like a total novice to me....

guitarlick

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to give me some feedback.  I agree with your comments about the levels and mixing etc.  This was my first attempt at using the 'mastering' function, so I will need to work on this.

I have been playing the guitar on and off for about 18 months - more 'off' than 'on' though.  I am a mature student (50)! who has really stuggled with learning and playing lead, scales etc.  I am OK with power chords, but still have a lot to learn.  The main thing is, I'm enjoying it!

Thanks again.

SteveG

Never too late mate, keep at it. Most fun that you can have on your own  ;D