FireFox and IE......

Started by The Reverend 48, November 12, 2009, 05:15:43 AM

The Reverend 48

How come I have copied the properties from both
Browsers (firefox and IE) it works in FF but not in IE :'(

I thought I was out of the MP3 hosting nightmare
Some guys have been helping me with ftp stuff but I want a simple easy solution I thought I was there....By creating my web site
http://sites.google.com/site/48bluesmen/home
But more bad News apparently if I post music here they are audible in firefox but not in IE so this is another obstacle can anybody give me a simple solution..
I am so pissed off with all this........
Is box net as good and simple as it gets :'(

Tony W

the culprit lies here:

QuoteWhen Google pushed out the new release of Sites on July 29, they added the ability to upload HTML and JS files.  In doing this, they added a level of security to prevent these files from being directly linked to for use on other sites, etc

Sucks don't it?

You're trying to redirect from your website to here. Firefox doesn't play by the rules but IE does.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

MP3s hosted at Google sites will not play when you click the Play button of our MP3 player gadget in Internet Explorer. However, IE users can play the MP3 by clicking the Download button instead of the Play button. Depending on their setup, this will either play the song in their computer's associated media player, or download the song to their hard drive where they can then play it.

In addition to Firefox, google-hosted MP3s play just fine in Opera, Safari, Chrome, and probably any browser except Internet Explorer. So, IE users should consider abandoning IE and use a proper web browser instead.  ;) There's no harm in having multiple browsers installed on your computer. So go ahead and install one or more additional browsers. Then, when a particular site doesn't seem to work correctly in one browser, you can try another.

I checked the forums for google sites and neolao (maker of our MP3 player gadget), and they're both aware of the IE problem. So, I expect that they'll eventually fix it. In the meantime, you can still keep your MP3s at your google site and link to them here with our MP3 player. IE users have the choice of clicking the Download button instead of the Play button, or using a proper web browser instead of IE. ;)  If it helps, feel free to use the following graphic in your posts:

"All Along The Watchtower"
by 48
Time:
0:00
Volume:

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Tony W

I'm chuckling at your post 64. The graphics are an awesome touch!

**EDIT**

64, do you know how to hook up neolao on a website, its driving me bonkers. If you might be able to help with my project I'm all ears/eyes. Hit me with a PM.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48