Autumn Song

Started by smalltins of fruit, November 10, 2009, 03:35:00 PM

Groundy

I nearly forgot about this, time for another listen,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :-\

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Ferryman

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

I`ve been very honest with everyone in this forum since i joined and this is the worst song i`ve ever heard in my life! Everything about it is all wrong!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

launched

Quote from: Gnasty on March 23, 2010, 08:31:12 AMI`ve been very honest with everyone in this forum since i joined and this is the worst song i`ve ever heard in my life! Everything about it is all wrong!

You know, I was thinking the same thing when I first listened, but I was singing it in the shower with my headphones on backwards. Then I flipped those cans around and it was like hearing birds in springtime!

You know, Nigel, I think I will cover this one.....  There. Done. Hope you all enjoyed it!!  :D
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Gnasty

Now why didnt i think of covering it. It was hard to do but well worth it.Okay here is my interpretation. Hope you like!

I`m finally giving to the community ;D

Time:
0:00
Volume:

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

cuthbert

I liked it, but it was a bit too loud...

Quote from: Gnasty on March 23, 2010, 09:38:45 AMNow why didnt i think of covering it. It was hard to do but well worth it.Okay here is my interpretation. Hope you like!

Time:
Volume:

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

launched

Quote from: cuthbert on March 23, 2010, 09:43:12 AMI liked it, but it was a bit too loud...

Quote from: Gnasty on March 23, 2010, 09:38:45 AMNow why didnt i think of covering it. It was hard to do but well worth it.Okay here is my interpretation. Hope you like!

Time:
Volume:

And just a wee shade out of tune while you were working the upper register, but other than that, the best and most technically proficient cover of this tune that I've ever heard. Truly a multi-platinum effort.
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

cuthbert

Quote from: launched on March 23, 2010, 09:51:19 AMAnd just a wee shade out of tune while you were working the upper register, but other than that, the best and most technically proficient cover of this tune that I've ever heard. Truly a multi-platinum effort.

That is true, Mark.

In my experience, I have found (as Gnasty has proved), that it's not necessarily what you add to a composition, but often what you leave out that really counts.

And I think Small Tins of Fruit's song was great, but I just find myself liking the cover a bit more.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Bluesberry

I think what SToF did here (where did you go anyway, I hope you dont mind us lunatics having so much stupid fun with your post), what he did is create an exact mirror composition.  For every note used, he also played the exact opposite note, all colliding together to create the perfect sound that we hear in this composition.  What Gnasty did with his cover, I think, from how I am hearing it, is reverse the mirroring process so that the first note is a mirror of the second note, is a mirror of the third... so that it creates the illusion of a cover of the original.  But I think the genius of Gnasty is that his cover sets up a perfect receeding mirror that takes the sound further down into the mirror, kinda like a musical black hole.  So what you are hearing Mark is not the notes beeing a wee shade out of tune, you are hearing the notes bend, ever so slightly, as they are pulled into the infinite mirror hole, pulled across the singularity point.  You are lucky Mark, had you listened just a little longer, you may have been pulled into the infinite sound mirror also, never to return.  How are your ears, still ringing from the brush with infinity.  I bet it was exilerating.  Well done Gnasty, you took this masterpeice and transformed it into an infinite masterpeice.  I am humbled by all of this.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

I like your theory of being witness to a musical singularity. Music so pure that it shall not be heard.

The perfect sound - So pure that it has the power to strike down the listener. As evident in the Aldo Nova video, the perfect sound can even be used as a weapon to jimmy the lock of a warehouse door. In the wrong hands... I don't even want to think about it.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover