Soundclick Question

Started by Tangled Wires, November 05, 2009, 01:32:20 PM

Tangled Wires

I am just in the process of trying to set up a Soundclick page and have got to the point where I am uploading song, but am a bit confused with the licensing options and was just wondering what others select in this respect (No license, Creative Commons Licence or Paid License). Also, has anyone ever tried selling songs on there?

Thanks,

Andrew

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

I was wondering this also. Anyone?

Oldrottenhead

i basically use soundclick to post my songs for sharing, if you charge for songs people can only stream the song and to download it they have to pay, i dont think its likely people will pay for any of my stuff lol, but ive never tried. re licence i'm not too sure about this either but i always click no licence cos im a lazy bugger that cannea be bothered filling in forms etc, perhaps i should look into this a bit more.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

I click creative commons Licence (CC)....

No licence means people can do what they want with you tunes.... Maybe even sell them....

With a CCL, people will have to credit you with the work if they use it....
But it remains yours...

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Diego Ayala

I added the option of making a few pennies per song, but will be taking that option off -- as it has not done anything, and i was just checking things out.

I was not realy trying to become ritch or make a living this way, just checking it out.

I would rather be doing what I'm doing with the br forum and exchanging music -- this is good enough for me!

Also, it may make a difference to just add one song @ a time --- when i first posted i dumped 9 songs from a cd i have been working on in NE - but you do not know which song is making it  - as it seems that when it goes into the charts it is only the 1st song of the album that gets listed...

Oldrottenhead

if you put all songs under the same genre only the last one posted will be on the charts so i post each song under different genres to give each of them a chance.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann