Akrabu : Acoustic Track

Started by Scorpios, June 09, 2008, 04:51:38 PM

Scorpios

Akrabu 8June2008
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I recorded this last night in my backyard using a Sony stereo mic. I still plan to add percussion and mix it on Sonar, here is a direct mix from the MicroBR for now.

SteveG

The start of that was positively eerie ... gave me chills! Liked the way it built up and the gradual comedown ... and the false ending was cool too. Nice piece mate, and nice playing too.

Rata-tat-tat

DIDO Steve... the hair on my neck is still standing up!!! WOW... that was quite the arrangement Scorpio. Simply put... that sounded awesome... loved the arrangement. Can't wait to hear your final cut. So I'm guessing the mic was pretty close to your guitar... Did you add any effect??? Just curious... I'm trying to find out how this mic will do for recording my band rehearsals. Thinking of getting one myself. Please let me know if you hear anything.

VR

Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Scorpios

Thanks for the feedback.

I left the mic about 2-3 feet back from the guitar, I recorded it all dry as I would prefer to add in any effects during the final mixdown.

The sony mics work pretty well for recording live rehearsals, the only thing is it clips easier than the built in mic even with the input turned down as low as possible so you have to end up placing it as far away in the room as possible... depending on how loud you guys are.

I still need to get around to ordering the mic capsules and making my own stereo condensor mic as you can find the instructions for on microrecorders.org, I would like to be able to get better stereo seperation and that would probably do the trick.

guitarlick

Really enjoyed the song.  Very edgy .... would sound very cool as a horror/thriller movie sound track.

Which Sony mic did you use?

Cheers.

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Scorpios

Quote from: guitarlick on June 22, 2008, 04:05:28 AMReally enjoyed the song.  Very edgy .... would sound very cool as a horror/thriller movie sound track.

Which Sony mic did you use?

Cheers.

Thanks, I used the Sony  ECM-DS70P stereo condenser mic. They come in quite useful.  I should hopefully get this track and a few others finished up this coming week.