ROCKFEST: Another Day (Original)

Started by Bluesberry, November 01, 2009, 12:58:33 PM

Bluesberry

Thanks everybody, it feels good to get this one done, I worked for a couple of weeks off and on then got hit with 2 weeks of too many hours at work and it went on the shelf.  I didn't even play my guitar for those 2 weeks, it felt good to get back to it this weekend and finish it off.  I really like this thing of creating songs from scratch (as you say Tony), it starts one way, bits and peices, then it starts to fall together, then layers get added and it changes as it goes, it is very exciting I find, and when finally finished, whew what a feeling.  But it is also kinda tiring (I get kinda locked in) and I can't start a new one for a little while now.  Thanks for the great comments, it really makes my day.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveB

BB - Just had another listen via your soundclick link using some Walkman headphones and basic Laptop, so not a good start, eh?
But hey, what a revelation again!! It quickly revealed a pleasing undulating format, presumably similar to the waves around your beloved Eastern Canadian seaboard? I can imagine an audience waving their arms in time to this.  :)
And once more I have to say I'm flabagasted as to how you get such a multitude of clean sounds all across the stereo-field, from jazz-blues guitar to sixties-style organ, this really is professionnal-level mixing. Yep, BB, you can be proud of this addition to your ever-growing body of work.

SB
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Bluesberry

Thanks Steve, I really do love the sixties-style organ sounds.  This does sound pretty good on a good set of headphones, that is part of what I am after in my mixing of sounds, it has to sound good on headphones and in my car, thanks for the big time compliment.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

we need to have a progfest after the rockfest, another epic bb. keep em coming
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Vanncad

Yes!

Neil Young meets Pink Floyd. It also reminded me of something from the "Wizard of OZ" for some reason. The "Oompah Loompahs" maybe? If that even makes sense.

Anyways, this is a cool tune Dave. You've got a hell of a lot going on. You must have a good time experimenting with all that stuff.
You make it work very well!

P.S. - Is that your "Harmonizer" in there? Sounds damn good!

- Vann
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

OsCKilO

Sublime Music as always!!!!!

But BB!!!!!!

Your voice is top notch in this!!!!!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

The Reverend 48

Sorry  I have taken my time getting here.......
But I'm hear now
with my song writing head on I'm appreciating this more
Well Done Dave!

Groundy

Well done Dave, as always Brill.......Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Bosko Schwartz

Holy criminy, there's almost too much going on here to even comment.  But as you know, this is right up my alley.  "As we descended toward the planet" being the opening line, that's just absurd in its own right.  And I mean that in a good way.  This was one of those songs I had to immediately listen to again, and then again.  I like the weird-sounding harmony (but almost unison) on the "my perfect mind" part.  Your two guitar solos are too insane.  I totally hear some Pink Floyd here during the mellow parts -- definitely a good thing -- especially with the calm strums of acoustic guitar, and the mellow picking.  The organ also kills me (in a good way).  The chords and dirty guitar sound that come in around the 3:00 are AWESOME; especially when the second screaming solo comes in.  That part reminds me a little of Rush; I'm surprised no one else has said that.  Another Rush-like part was the very end with the synth -- hell that could've been an entirely new song, and I wish it had continued on with the insanity.

Wow, just an amazing song, Dave!  I can't say enough good things about it! :) :D ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels