Site freezing up ? anybody else having this problem?

Started by Bluesberry, October 31, 2009, 10:39:14 AM

Ferryman

I'm getting a few issues with the web page freezing just now. I had a track playing but the window went blank and I had to close it down. Player wouldn't play when I restarted the site. But intermittent.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Quote from: launched on October 31, 2009, 08:24:45 PMI use the "Log In Forever" mode, so no ads, but I sometimes experience undue latency at times.

So you never log out?  Is that a reasonable thing to do? I log out after each session and then get problems trying to log back in.  Never log out? Its like that Eagles song, you can never leave, spooky. 

Who else never logs out???

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

danieldesete

I never log out either. The site always says hello and that's me in  8) 8) 8)
hou hou ha ha

Diego Ayala

Quote from: Bluesberry on November 01, 2009, 05:51:14 AM
Quote from: launched on October 31, 2009, 08:24:45 PMI use the "Log In Forever" mode, so no ads, but I sometimes experience undue latency at times.

So you never log out?  Is that a reasonable thing to do? I log out after each session and then get problems trying to log back in.  Never log out? Its like that Eagles song, you can never leave, spooky. 

Who else never logs out???

I never logout - "login for ever"...  don't know if that is the problem you're having --- I click on my br link and takes me right to the site w/out having to log in. I do not get any ads either - i do have pop-ups disabled.

T.C. Elliott

I never log out as well. I'm fairly sure it was the on site option I clicked.

What would be a little more helpful is letting us know your browser. For instance, I've never had a problem (or ad that I can think of) and I'm using Firefox 3.5.4
If someone were to use say IE 6 or 7 or 8 or whatever it's up to now it could be an issue with that browser but no others.

or it might not
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

cuthbert

I never log out, either. I think that may be the default setting?  ???
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Bluesberry

Well I can't believe it, being kinda new to forums (this is the first forum I ever joined by the way) I just assumed that folks kept logging out when finished a session and logged back in the next time.  I never knew that you just logged in once and never logged out again.  Who knew (I didn't).  So there is no shame in never logging out, I am not some kind of computer forum geek or something if I have 5 or 6 forums on the go and never log out of any of them?  ok I am educated.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Wiley

I never log out either. Guess thats why I don't see the ads!!

SteveB

Quote from: Bluesberry on November 01, 2009, 08:28:58 AMWell I can't believe it, being kinda new to forums (this is the first forum I ever joined by the way) I just assumed that folks kept logging out when finished a session and logged back in the next time.  I never knew that you just logged in once and never logged out again.  Who knew (I didn't).  So there is no shame in never logging out, I am not some kind of computer forum geek or something if I have 5 or 6 forums on the go and never log out of any of them?  ok I am educated.

BB, As the signature at the bottom of my page says (er, in roundabout terms) No one is born being educated in anything. Not Guitar playing, not Computer-Site etiquette etc etc, So don't feel so brusied. Though I'm with you on this one, I always Log out when finished. Well, since the time I found I'd been hijacked by a couple of Amsterdam lesbians and, er, no...better leave it there.  :D
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Greeny

I'm always logged in. Just saves me having to put details in each time. Doesn't allow you to lurk incognito though. I really don't know much about computers in the great scheme of things though. I haven't noticed any problems with freezing (yet).