Site freezing up ? anybody else having this problem?

Started by Bluesberry, October 31, 2009, 10:39:14 AM

Bluesberry

I am having a terrible time with this site freezing up when trying to open it, it happens all the time lately.  It seems linked to the adds opening up, it just freezes up, and I have to shut down my internet connection and try again.  Today it took like 5 or 6 tries to get the site to open and not freeze up before I get a chance to log in.  Once logged in it seems better, which is why I think it has to do with the adds that pop up for non-members.  It is terrible, I am having a hard time accessing the site lately because of this.  Anyone else having this problem or is it only me.  All my other internet activities are normal, just this site lately.  It sucks folks.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

Me too BB........

Don't know why....

Just the MBR site....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Wiley

Ads?  What ads?  I never see any ads!!  I am having no problems at all  been on and off probably 7 times already today.

launched

I use the "Log In Forever" mode, so no ads, but I sometimes experience undue latency at times.

Especially after crafting a nice, thoughtful post. Only to find the connection time out and no way to get the message back after pressing the "Back" button. That sucks. I've learned to text copy anything big now...

Maybe I'm just a windbag and nobody likes that...

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Vanncad

I have problems with the text editor doing funky things too.

I just keep "Notepad" open on my desktop. I type my comments in there, then paste them into the editor.

Works good!
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

cuthbert

I haven't had this problem...guess I've been lucky so far (knock on wood).  ???
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Wiley

Wow I don't know what you guys are talking about.   Mine works fine.

SteveB

Not freezing-up at this site particularly, and some of those ebay ads for BR products look half decent, for instance a BR1200 starting at $1!  :)

What mystifies the sh*t outta me sometimes though, is when the computer doesfreeze-up, crummy adverts for loans and body-part extensions are still able to get through!!  :(
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Vanncad

Quotecrummy adverts for loans and body-part extensions are still able to get through!! 

... uh, would you, uh, mind, uh, PMing me the URL for those uh, body-part extensions?  :-[

It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Diego Ayala

No problems for me --- no pop-ups/adds or freezing up, yet!  Every now and then I loose my connection to the internet, but that is a common occurrence in bush Alaska...