Everybody's own favorite post in one thread.

Started by Blooby, October 29, 2009, 09:33:31 PM

Blooby

I thought this might be an interesting experiment for those willing to join in on the fun.

I know that this may be difficult, but the thought is that in replies in this thread, each person would provide a link to your own single favorite post.  I figured this would be entertaining as well as revealing.

My contribution is this warts and all post from June 27th. A bit repetitive perhaps, but you know how I love a jam.

Blooby

Use link above if this streaming MP3 doesn't work.

Time:
0:00
Volume:

launched

First of all, thanks for starting this thread, Bloob. Your music posts are very inspiring and I get a lot out of them. A strong and powerful talent you are. To be honest, it's a little intimidating to be the next in line after you, but here goes:

This is a post of a song I wrote a few months ago. It was the first arrangement that I was truly happy with, and I was thrilled that others enjoyed it as well. I remember it being a struggle to record, but somehow it held together ok:

The post:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=3527.msg35569#msg35569

The MP3 stream:

Time:
Volume:

This site is a creativity and confidence booster for sure.

Thanks,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Davo

Mark thats a great one-this thread is already worthwhile.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Blooby

I remember this one, Launched.  It made it to my Best of br.net folder (before my last computer imploded). The bass has that Ampeg tower tone that I love so much. Interesting vocal treatment going on and ripping guitar as well.

I know it's hard to pick just one, but you chose a great one. I hope others follow suit.

Blooby

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Wiley

I've been thinking about this since you put the thread up!!   It has been hard to decide. I chose this one as it was only about my 5th post,  I took Jackofalls beautiful song, and made it longer, added bass, and sang.  And then BB came along and added guitar.  It was truly my first collab.  So it is kind of special to me. Thanks to Jackofall & BB

Time:
Volume:

Bluesberry

And thank you PJ for bringing this back up.  I was so mesmerized by your voice on this I had to get involved and add some guitar (my new Epi Sheraton, which was so incredibly sweet sounding I just couldn't believe the tone I was able to get).  I think it may have been one of the first collabs I was involved in also.  Great song from Jackofall, great singing and bass from Wiley, and a great chance to try out my new guitar on some sweet toned lead action.  

My favorite song/post has to be the "The Ballad of Despair and Redemption with a MicroBR, a Shotglass and a Shotgun" post.  A crazy story from Ted about all his troubles prompted me to try to write a song about it.  It was pure inspiration, I went at it like a madman and in a few nights after work had the song complete.  A highlight for me was getting my 7 year old son to help out on part of the kaosillator solo.  Great fun to think back to this one.

Time:
Volume:

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Wiley

Oh BB how cool is this.  I remember your song so very well.  I still think it is one of the best ones you have sang on.   You need to use your Kaos more often.  And I still love the shot gun blasts in the middle.  And your son was great also. This is a fun thread.   

BossMicroBRew

"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton