Thank you!!

Started by indierik, October 28, 2009, 11:10:34 AM

indierik

Can I just say something. This community is amazing!! Yesterday I was being a little sensitive, it happens. let me explain. Frequently I send out my new songs (and new paintings) to a select number of my close friends and family members, creative people who I think might be interested in these kind of things, i.e. the arts, music etc... Yet, more often than not no-one ever seems to take the time to check out what I'm doing, at least they don't comment on it, which leaves me to assume they don't like it. I like to share what i do, otherwise no-one would ever hear it, (save for you guy's) (and i truly wish others would do the same with me) and to me, whats the point in creating. Yes, it is a necessary form of expression for me, but the way i look at it, if many of my favorite artist didn't share they're works with the world I would have no inspiration to feed off of. I just can't help but to take it personally sometimes when my close friends and family don't even take the time to check out what I'm doing. I'm an artist, it's how I define myself therefore it's important to me that they take an interest. Which brings me to this site. You guy's (and girls) are so freaking supportive it nearly brings a tear to my eye. I might need a little more encouragement than most but regardless all of you give me the inspiration to keep creating. Anyways, this is a gigantic THANK YOU to everyone on this site. You're amazing!
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Oldrottenhead

thank you rik, for letting us taste your wares so to speak, for letting me occassionally add lyrics to your music, for the shared experience of getting to hear one of our collaborations played on the radio, for the moral and artistic support ive received from you over the last while (nearly 2 years i think).
you are amazing

a fan
james
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

Bro...

You Rock!!!!!!!!!! HARD!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if Nobody was listening, Your sounds would still be super tasty!!!
Like a hidden treasure....

Keep up the awesomeness Bro!

Can't wait for the Blooby Collab!

Peace

Your Fan

T(Osckilo)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

I like your music, ideas and style!!

Keep the good work up!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ferryman

What they said Erik. I really enjoy your work, Pain in the Neck remains one of my all time faves (not just here, but everywhere!). Jim takes some credit for that as well....

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

It is people like you who are sensitive that make this place. I have shed a tear a time or two.  Everyone is so supportive.  And to let you know, we have another fine artist on here. You paint?  Well one of our newest members Tazzy is quite good at drawings.  You should exchange  some good critics of each others work.  I paint some also. Sounds silly but on rocks. I will post one for you if I can find a pic.  Haven't had much time for that side.  to busy learning guitar.  Just know that we all care about your work. Your songs are superb. Take care
P.J.

Blooby

Please realize that the relationships on this site are completely symbiotic.  Sure, it's a feel-good site, but for all the good energy you're receiving, indierik, you're feeding us as well with your excellent music. 

Blooby

Davo

I agree-there is a very encouraging atmosphere here-and all of us were united by a Boss MBR!

Im SO glad I found this place.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

danieldesete

Is some of your painting on the internet ? Please, send us a link. Do you paint with your music on ?
I'm like PJ, when I'm in a guitar period, I stop painting... Till the neighbours supply me to start painting again.  ;D ;D ;D
hou hou ha ha

SdC

Quote from: Davo on October 30, 2009, 01:37:03 AM-and all of us were united by a Boss MBR!
or any other BOSS/Roland recorder obviously  ;D

recorder
Boss BR-600